• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

Just got in a bueno copy of Captain America 100 Diamond Run Pedigree CGC 9.0 acclaim.gif

Nice pick up. I was considering this book through a PM and by the time I replied it was sold. Glad you were able to snag it. I am curious, this copy is for sale on the Metropolis web site and has been for a while. What's up with that? Anyone know?

Jeeez, Nik. Dump the pink background paper already!!! Trust me, it's not making your books look better. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Red

Minister of Design

Thats his favorite color. stooges.gif

But......w..w..w..why? confused-smiley-013.gif

Jeeez, Nik. Dump the pink background paper already!!! Trust me, it's not making your books look better. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Red

Minister of Design

Thats his favorite color. stooges.gif

But......w..w..w..why? confused-smiley-013.gif

The spidey 107 green cover does look very weird with the pink background

Well.....use either a neutral color, like a charcoal grey....or if you want to get fancy.....a blue or red that matches one of the dominant colors on the cover. That way, the background paper doesn't class with the color scheme of the book. The pink paper might be quite nice, but as a background paper it draws the eye away from the book, and drains it of color. Too strong a color.

B

PS

Coming this Fall to TLC......

EXTREME COMIC BOOK SCAN MAKEOVERS!

aka

WHAT NOT TO SCAN!

Here are two examples of what I mean....

The red compliments DDs costume (and the date stamp)......

daredevil24big.jpg

Here the grey is more neutral and lets the blues reds and yellows stand out.....

sgtfury15big.jpg

I will be shifting my focus over the next year more towards 1 or 2 ped books per month, and less and less on randomn raw copies

So with that said, my newest pick-up

dd65pc.jpg

I will be shifting my focus over the next year more towards 1 or 2 ped books per month, and less and less on randomn raw copies

So with that said, my newest pick-up

dd65pc.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

And you make sure you keep it to only 1 or 2 ped books a month. Leave some for the rest of us. grin.gif