• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Just received this today. I believe I pulled in another unidentified GR.

• general condition and structure is right.

• Oct 31 (1967) date is right. One week earlier than the Nov 7 Marvels I have scans of. The DCs and Marvels usually arrived on alternate weeks. Happy Halloween!

• The year is obscurred and only a red blob is visible...that jives exactly with the condition of the date stamp in these later GRs.

• On the original manifests.

I can never say 100% sure, but this is a very very likely candidate. I'm about 95% sure.

BTW....it's gorgeous! The colors really do look wet. I've heard that description before, but best example I've ever seen in person.

Kubert rules.

oaaw188big.jpg

• Oct 31 (1967) date is right. One week earlier than the Nov 7 Marvels I have scans of. The DCs and Marvels usually arrived on alternate weeks. Happy Halloween!

• The year is obscurred and only a red blob is visible...that jives exactly with the condition of the date stamp in these later GRs.

I can never say 100% sure, but this is a very very likely candidate. I'm about 95% sure.

BTW....it's gorgeous! The colors really do look wet. I've heard that description before, but best example I've ever seen in person.

Kubert rules.

oaaw188big.jpg

Nice book, hopefully a Green River 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Kubert rules.

oaaw188big.jpg

Nice pick up Red. Those are amazing colors

A few childhood favorites:

t285.jpg

t289.jpg

t298.jpg

t266p.jpg

I considered buying that 266 a few days ago since it was a Loki cover but for some reason he just doesn't look the same when he doesn't have his helmet with the horns.

Edited by Mephisto