• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

Not unless another verified GR comes around with the same date. I would put this conservatively at about 80% likely, without that final bit of verification. From the condition I would say it might have come from Craig Barnett's store in Seattle in the early 90's, but then again, it might just be a book that survived sale through the store back in the 1960's.....but that's less likely.

I recently picked up a reader copy of TTA #68 that I believe is a non-pedigree book that sold through the original drug store. I have a 9.0 pedigreed copy of the same book. They both have identical date stamps....I will be posting large scans of both side by side to show why pedigree books are as special as they are to have survived the decades, and what happens to the average book. They both arrived in the same bundle, on the same day, but one book took the road less travelled. Once I have the beater copy in hand, I'll post them.

Red

Not unless another verified GR comes around with the same date. I would put this conservatively at about 80% likely, without that final bit of verification. From the condition I would say it might have come from Craig Barnett's store in Seattle in the early 90's, but then again, it might just be a book that survived sale through the store back in the 1960's.....but that's less likely.

I recently picked up a reader copy of TTA #68 that I believe is a non-pedigree book that sold through the original drug store. I have a 9.0 pedigreed copy of the same book. They both have identical date stamps....I will be posting large scans of both side by side to show why pedigree books are as special as they are to have survived the decades, and what happens to the average book. They both arrived in the same bundle, on the same day, but one book took the road less travelled. Once I have the beater copy in hand, I'll post them.

Red

thumbsup2.gif