• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

It's a beater, for sure. I figure a 1.5 or 2.0 at best. But it has an interesting connection, obviously.

from the same store, but not the ped, or one of the poorer condition-wise books in the ped?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

An interesting recent pickup for $3.99.

tta68nongreenfront.jpg

I actually wrote an article featuring this book that I'm polishing up for the GPAnalysis newsletter.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Not that I'm up on Green river or other pedigrees, but how do you know that this is from the same store as a pedgiree...............there are tons of books with date stamps similar to that one. I'm just curious what forensic evidence you'd be relying on. Like the numeral #9 has a distinctive tick on it. The standard date stamp spacing wouldn't likely be good enough, and the ink pad would be changing every so often, so what is it that makes you guys confident in a Ped based upon date stamp alone?

I understand ped stamps, as I have an original owner collection that came out of Seattle that all have thick date stamps, similar in nature, and I haven't seen similar stamps on other books, but I'm sure they are out there if you look hard enough.

??

Thanks....

I wouldn't claim 100% certainty on the beater book if I didn't have a visual match on an existing one. I've got a number of "probables" in my collection but they have to remain probables until I get as good a match as this one. thumbsup2.gif

DSCN3257.jpg

Don't you just hate it when you're hiking on an alien world and some creepo demands that you take him back to earth so he can destroy it. God, I hate when that happens.

If I could only get a pound for every time that happens!! foreheadslap.gif

Nice HOM by the way!! headbang.gif