• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Another fave of mine...

MIS69.jpg

from the collection of Murphy Anderson -- sweet 8.5 and a copy held by a legendary artist.

Beauty! Really nice colors on that one!

Nice to see another person moving away from the "high grade" camp and into the "nice looking" camp. It's really hard to get hung up on the grade thing when you collect golden age or DC silver.

As I buy more and more Atlas books I realize that I'm not going to get very far waiting for high grade. Even looking for VFs is tough (and expensive). I've started to focus on fine to VF with as little damage as possible on the front cover. Still not that easy to find, but not super expensive and still nice looking books. Mike

lol I was just quoting Kc120us , the 9.6 is his

Oops! My mistake. foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif Its cool, the 277 is mine which I am glad I picked up yay.gif with that addition I now have 1/3 of my 201-300 set complete yay.gif

That's cool. I just picked up a great run of Iron Man 100-199 and Foolkiller just sold me a few early issues of Iron Man. I think I'm really going to concentrate on the Iron Man run right now while still picking up a few things here and there.

Edited by TonyStarkFan

lol I was just quoting Kc120us , the 9.6 is his

Oops! My mistake. foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif Its cool, the 277 is mine which I am glad I picked up yay.gif with that addition I now have 1/3 of my 201-300 set complete yay.gif

That's cool. I just picked up a great run of Iron Man 100-199 and Foolkiller just sold me a few early issues of Iron Man. I think I'm really going to concentrate on the Iron Man run right now while still picking up a few things here and there.

headbang.gif

How strange. Were there two print runs, or an in-course correction when they realized that red wasn't showing up on the purple background?

I'll have to dig mine out from the storage bin to see whether it's the ultra-scarce red print variant.

Thanks,

Jack

I agree about Howard 33 being tough to find.

... You're joking about the printing in red vs yellow, right?

Finally finished my Howard the Duck run. This isn't the easiest book to find. I also just realised that the 'All New' above the 30 and 'Page Epic' below the 30 are printed in red rather than yellow (you can kind of see them in the scan). Maybe I'll have to look for another copy that is printed properly. Christo_pull_hair.gif

HtD33F.jpg

He's not kidding. I've only ever seen the red once before.

1551777-htd33.jpg