• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Love the JIM. Nice Kirby cover.

Not to dismiss the book - its beautiful, and nicer than mine - but I've always preferred full covers to split or multi-panel covers. I wonder if they were Kirby's concept, Stan's or a Martin Goodman edict akin to Irwin Donenfeld's decision for recurring ape covers.

I believe Kirby did as he pleased. Not quite sure if the Marvel method was in effect at this point in time, but I'm pretty sure Stan didn't interject too much. As for panel covers, some are better than others. I think it works to great effect on a cover like TOS #23

TOS23F.jpg

Angelo

White Mountain copy?

27_laughing.gif Don't I wish. I believe adamstrange has all of them wink.gif

Angelo

Some of them have gotten away. sign-rantpost.gif

Way too many, unfortunately. tonofbricks.gif

Love the JIM. Nice Kirby cover.

Not to dismiss the book - its beautiful, and nicer than mine - but I've always preferred full covers to split or multi-panel covers. I wonder if they were Kirby's concept, Stan's or a Martin Goodman edict akin to Irwin Donenfeld's decision for recurring ape covers.

I believe Kirby did as he pleased. Not quite sure if the Marvel method was in effect at this point in time, but I'm pretty sure Stan didn't interject too much. As for panel covers, some are better than others. I think it works to great effect on a cover like TOS #23

TOS23F.jpg

Angelo

White Mountain copy?

27_laughing.gif Don't I wish. I believe adamstrange has all of them wink.gif

Angelo

Some of them have gotten away. sign-rantpost.gif

Way too many, unfortunately. tonofbricks.gif

Maybe so, but the ones you do have are pretty darn outstanding hail.gif

Angelo

Are you actually going to go after the Sundays? 893whatthe.gif

I want to, but....geez....that's a lot of time and money.....

thumbsup2.gif

Yup he is and that's a lofty goal. Good luck with the chase thumbsup2.gif I own a single Sunday section -

1857042-SpiritJuly1942.jpg

1857042-SpiritJuly1942.jpg.8e8c6b5a79164a2de93e2bdda2092032.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

Yup he is and that's a lofty goal. Good luck with the chase thumbsup2.gif I own a single Sunday section -

1857042-SpiritJuly1942.jpg

Sweet section thumbsup2.gif As soon as I get my scanner (in a couple of weeks), I'm gonna start a thread where I'll post all my sections and add to it as I get more.

Angelo

Sweet section thumbsup2.gif As soon as I get my scanner (in a couple of weeks), I'm gonna start a thread where I'll post all my sections and add to it as I get more.

Angelo

That'd be great. Put it in the GA section. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Picked this up on ebay, D copy. Now only 500 more to go foreheadslap.gif

Spirit16March1947.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

You are correct, sir. I got my first section in the mid 80's at the old Chicago Comic Con, and I've been collecting since. I try to keep my run to VF or better, outside of the first section & last eleven. The fun is in the chase. You could put together an impressive run if you stick to low/mid grade copies, but where's the fun in that? confused-smiley-013.gif

Angelo

Angelo

That'd be great. Put it in the GA section. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Absolutely will thumbsup2.gif

Angelo

Had this since 1989, but just got it graded ! The only 9.8 !!! Most folk didn't realize the back up stories were new, and this was Jim Lee's second time on X-men !

classicxmen3998yr9.jpg

cloud9.gif

Loved the early issues with John Bolton art cloud9.gif in the back-up stories. Congrtats 893applaud-thumb.gif

Angelo

Had this since 1989, but just got it graded ! The only 9.8 !!! Most folk didn't realize the back up stories were new, and this was Jim Lee's second time on X-men !

classicxmen3998yr9.jpg

cloud9.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif