• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

My friend Richard gave me this for Christmas..... it's a Northland from a stack he bought from Mike Goldman back in the late 90's. It wasn't even a real pedigree yet...as evidenced by his attempt to remove the sticker from the bag lol ...it still has it's COA. Seeing a Charlton from this period in high grade with full gloss is a real treat. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

101_2676.jpg

Just...just...I love it!

Ok, humour a relative newbie, fill me in on the Northland pedigree. I know I can just google it but this way is more fun.

..... A large original owner collection that was brought to market by Mike Goldman of www.motorcitycomics.com in the late 90's...... each issue purchased off the stands in the 60's and read once then put away..... which was actually fairly unusual back then. They have incredible gloss and PQ and go back to the early Marvels.... although other publishers are also represented. Probably my biggest regret was selling the TOS 50 I got from Namisgr from this collection..... man, it was sweet. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. Probably my favorite SA pedigree.... though I haven't seen any Twin Cities or Curators in person.

Very cool, and a really sweet looking book. Congrats!

Got some new comic books in mail since after Christmas to today...

My last purchase of 2013 (from here) - JLA #19 and HoS #66. :grin:

MyNewComicBooks-2014009_zps92a3a225.jpg

And... my first purchase of 2014:

Three nice comics - Little Dot #45, 46 and 47 :whee:

MyNewComicBooks-2014005_zps6fa0d528.jpg

MyNewComicBooks-2014006_zpsbfe5d9ca.jpg

MyNewComicBooks-2014008_zps17851e86.jpg

I'll be expecting a few more in the next few weeks or so then. Good start with the new year!

null_zps97237447.jpg

:applause: I'd love to get one at some point! This issue came out around the time I really got back into collecting last year. I remember I coincidentally stopped by a shop in Boston the day it was released and thought "wow, I can't believe ASM is already at #700" and didn't realize it was the last issue or that PP died. :facepalm: