• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

Do you have any better pics showing areas of concern?

How was the book advertised? Do you not agree with the assigned grade, or is there something more to it? If it was advertised as a CGC 9.2 old label, what more would you expect than a CGC 9.2 old label.

I don't have any better pics atm but all in all it is just sour grapes from being spoiled on the forums with books. It has some really bad tears at the staples with additional imprints from pressing and some SCS on the upper over hang.

I'll send it off for a reholder and chalk this up to remembering to wait and find something on boards.

Do you have any better pics showing areas of concern?

How was the book advertised? Do you not agree with the assigned grade, or is there something more to it? If it was advertised as a CGC 9.2 old label, what more would you expect than a CGC 9.2 old label.

I don't have any better pics atm but all in all it is just sour grapes from being spoiled on the forums with books. It has some really bad tears at the staples with additional imprints from pressing and some SCS on the upper over hang.

I'll send it off for a reholder and chalk this up to remembering to wait and find something on boards.

I'm definitely no expert, but one of the "advantages" of an old label book is that it usually pre-dates the pressing explosion.

What makes you so sure it was pressed? And what is SCS?

What makes you so sure it was pressed? And what is SCS?

SCS = Shaken comics syndrome

This book was slabbed in 2002 and has no inner well. As such the book will float around in the case and any overhang from the front or back cover will cause bends/folds.

It looks the pressure pressed. Back in the day we used to do this to realign spines on books (no heat/humidity involved), simple pressure applied to the book to create or realign the original fold. When we put to much pressure on the book, it would tear at the staples and leave an imprint from them on the front and back cover.

We used an old screw down type press, while I wouldn't recommend this today you would be surprised at how effective simple pressure can fix spin rolls.

Edited by DougC

If you don't have this yet run out and grab one...plus #1 ,2 and 3.Do it NOW..DO IT!!!!

a9f0d488-7930-4f02-abea-246a47861b98_zps59e0bbce.jpg

:o That's the best comic book cover I've ever seen in my life !! :o:o:grin:

If you don't have this yet run out and grab one...plus #1 ,2 and 3.Do it NOW..DO IT!!!!

I kinda like it too! (thumbs u

:grin: (thumbs u You goin to San Diego this year Dave ?

:grin: (thumbs u You goin to San Diego this year Dave ?

No. :sorry: Probably Wonder Con in Anaheim,or Long Beach. :wishluck:

I am approaching the place where I am thinking about getting a table.... at a con.... and offering/ selling my books and revealing myself as a newbie to the market. It's terrifying :o

I am approaching the place where I am thinking about getting a table.... at a con.... and offering/ selling my books and revealing myself as a newbie to the market. It's terrifying :o

How exciting,like putting your whole self out there for all to see.Scary and thrilling all at the same time. :eek:

It's like 8 hits in 1 swing :o:applause:

Thanks guys. I would eventually like to finish my Valiant 9.8 first appearance set.

On the list is still

Harbinger 1

Solar 10 (Have 2 9.6's but no 9.8)

Rai 0

And then some minor characters.

Thanks guys. I would eventually like to finish my Valiant 9.8 first appearance set.

On the list is still

Harbinger 1

Solar 10 (Have 2 9.6's but no 9.8)

Rai 0

And then some minor characters.

Hard to get one without the case making the book look bad-- scuff marks you would never notice on a normal cover look awful on an all black cover. How are your 9.6's?

Solar100001_zps24bbf651.jpg