• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,188 posts in this topic

O.k, I'm finally getting around to posting these. Thanks to a referral from mattbird, I was able to purchase FF #'s 2, 5-20 all in one shot from a guy in Canada for a GREAT price. They're all reader copies, and the guy wanted to sell to someone who would buy them for their personal collection, so he gave me a great discount. I paid about 35% of guide price, and that included shipping all these from Canada.

I'm on a comic-buying moratorium for the rest of the year, so these will have to last me for a while. grin.gif

ffgroup1ra8.jpg

ffgroup2rr6.jpg

ff20vh4.jpg

I think #5 was signed by Stan Lee at some point. thumbsup2.gif

ff5hn1.jpg

I think #5 was signed by Stan Lee at some point. thumbsup2.gif

ff5hn1.jpg

Did CGC validate the signature?

Then it couldn't possibly be an authentic signature. yeahok.gif

(insert sarcasm graemlin)

Nice collection though....I assume you'll invest in some acid free boards and mylites? I think it's still worth it.

Red

Did CGC validate the signature?

Then it couldn't possibly be an authentic signature. yeahok.gif (insert sarcasm graemlin)

27_laughing.gif True, it's gotta be a fake. grin.gif I was robbed! 27_laughing.gif

Nice collection though....I assume you'll invest in some acid free boards and mylites? I think it's still worth it.

Thanks, Red. I have a few lying around, I think. The books look a lot nicer in them, anyway, so I probably will.

What's great about that collection is you can actually..... 893whatthe.gif.....read them! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Exactly, and that's the reason I bought 'em. grin.gif I've never read the 2-24. I've read reprints of 25 and 26, but nothing before that besides #1. I'm kind of curious if the old FF cartoons from the 60's held to the comics any.

What's great about that collection is you can actually..... 893whatthe.gif.....read them! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Exactly, and that's the reason I bought 'em. grin.gif I've never read the 2-24. I've read reprints of 25 and 26, but nothing before that besides #1. I'm kind of curious if the old FF cartoons from the 60's held to the comics any.

Very faithful! thumbsup2.gif

Very faithful! thumbsup2.gif

Good, I'm looking forward to reading them, then!!

What a concept!!!!

The CGC Board Lending Library!!! Brilliant!! yay.gif

You pay media mail shipping and a small premium........$5 or $10... and you get the original issue shipped to you for one week.....and then you have to return it by media mail or ship it to the next person on the list after the paypal the owner.

I like it.

B