• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 16 9.6 Mile High?

42 posts in this topic

Is it just me or do those FF scans look very very similar to that seller a while back that suddenly started selling really early high grade copies of FF? The sellers ID started with an N or something. There were some posts on it, anyone remember?

I think it was nishta65. And I did not know Byrne X-Men file copies even existed. I guess you DO learn something new every day!!!

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

hope it doesn't offend the donut family.

No worries, Supa! Ever since Joanna's fabulous puzzle machine broke, Mrs. Donut and the Donut Hole don't go on our boards anymore. And besides, that's a pretty tame pic, all things considered. She's pretty hot, though, for an EX!

I can add with 99% certainty that this is the same person. I remember those FF's, and placed a bid of $1000 on the FF 16 when "Nishta65" had them up last summer. I also bid, and lost on the 15(thank God). As was already said, the scan, books and auction template are exactly the same. I saw this yesterday, and was going to post.

i don't get it. if the book was sold last summer and discovered to be restored - how come the seller has it now to relist it? did the seller offer a return/refund?

also - notice in the auction he states "Guaranteed Unrestored" confused.gif

and what's with the "For Official Use Only" running along the left side of the scan?

i don't get it. if the book was sold last summer and discovered to be restored - how come the seller has it now to relist it? did the seller offer a return/refund?

Essoilman bought it last time. Either he got a refund, or caught wind of the scam early and never paid.

also - notice in the auction he states "Guaranteed Unrestored"

Obviously he's lying. Nothing puzzling about that.

Books like that hardly ever come around and they are memorable when you see them. I paid something like $1000 for a cgc 9.2 FF 16 and I think a 15 went for about $800. So a 9.6! You are talking about $3000+. Look at the way the auction is set up. No reserve and private sale so bidders cant be warned. I have had a bad deal with this guy before on a big book and I know someone else who has too. Not that all books have to be cgcd but if you are claiming something like this for a very expensive book, why not have it done as the seller? It would probably dramatically increASE your bids! Unless it is not a 9.6 - or restored.