• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book App's
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Which do you prefer or use? Pros? Cons? Likes and Or Dislikes?

I am using Comic Geeks for the Droid, so far it has been a good experience. I've only had 1-2 issues while using their bar code scanner, it will not pick up properly but after typing in the comic I am trying to add to my collection, located and added. The scanner feature is nice as it tends to add it to my collection right away. I like that the comics that I have added, come complete with variants. So you can add the variant to your collection. That being said, some are missing variant covers. You can also view other peoples collections in the community, follow people or have followers. I have yet to see a monthly fee or any kind of fee really.

Variants I could not locate were for Zenescope Gwenom VH v.s. The Werewolf 3 ECCC 1/350

Pros:

• Free so far
  • Community to follow or for followers.
  • Tons of comics to add
  • Scanner auto adds to collection
  • Variants
  • Reviews and possible discussions
  • Synopsis of some of the comics.

Cons:

• May not be free, may not have hit the cap for adding to collection
  • Scanner can be buggy/ manual search tends to find them
  • Missing some variants for issues, listed above.
  • Possibility of 2 or more Category splits, Key example, Spider-Gwen Had 2 Categories, 1 only contained issues 1-5? or 6...while the other contained all current and up to date.

I recently bought the CLZ app, and I love it so far. Super easy to use, scanner works great (just make sure you are working with good lighting), and looking up older/non bar code titles and issues is super quick and easy. Its very comprehensive as far as variants, cover images, creator information, plots, publishing info etc. 

What I don't like is there is no way that I've seen to include market value or even purchase price. I only really want that for insurance reasons, but I guess a spreadsheet of at least my keys does the same thing. 

On 10/23/2018 at 3:32 PM, speedcake said:

I recently bought the CLZ app, and I love it so far. Super easy to use, scanner works great (just make sure you are working with good lighting), and looking up older/non bar code titles and issues is super quick and easy. Its very comprehensive as far as variants, cover images, creator information, plots, publishing info etc. 

What I don't like is there is no way that I've seen to include market value or even purchase price. I only really want that for insurance reasons, but I guess a spreadsheet of at least my keys does the same thing. 

Purchase price, value, and many other fields are there, although it's not easy to mass update.  You click on the comic, then the edit "pencil" icon, then select the "Personal" tab.  That's where I set the condition for all my CGC items (I also have to add each condition value, such as CGC 9.6, CGC SS 9.8, etc)

But I also really like the app, and is very handy in making sure I don't buy stuff I already have, as well as maintain my wishlist.

I may have to check out CLZ, see how it work and compare. After reading the comments I went back to CG and noticed they do have a Condition fill in spot as well, which will be pretty awesome to use, I can note down what grade my CGC copies are. I'll have to do some more exploring on the app, I am sure I haven't seen all the functions lol.