• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

could this 9.2 comic grade a 9.8 if pressing these areas(>>)?

10 posts in this topic

Looking at the grader notes, I received the following on my Marvel Preview #4. IF I had done the pressing service which would resolve these points (>>), by anyones estimates would it then be close to a 9.8 with the foxing the being the only factor? Not sure how much foxing comes into the points. Or could the foxing be resolved with the exterior pressing?

Back Cover Lite Foxing
>>Back Cover Lite Soiling
>>Bottom Back Cover Small Multiple Dent
>>Bottom Front Cover Small Multiple Dent
Interior Lite Multiple Foxing
>>Top Spine Small Crunch

These are the scans they sent. I can see some discoloring on the back cover. Per their pressing service, states that dry cleaning can remove soiling, IDK, but as y'all have said that with 2 areas of foxing Im not sure if a press and regrade would be justified. Although the book value nearly doubles just going to 9.4. I'll try to take  a few close up pictures when i get it back today

2001898-B001.jpg

2001898-F001.jpg

Pics of the crunch and crease. I shouldve had the pressing w/ dry cleaning done first. New to the grading process. Gonna get tit done then resubmitted cause it'll bug me. Thanks for the insight, everyone

MVIMG_20181027_192255463.jpg

MVIMG_20181027_192313573.jpg

1 hour ago, aszumilo said:

That corner will keep it from getting a 9.8.  I doubt it would get a bump in grade at all, since there is color breaking on the crunched corner.  Pressing might make it look better, but, not enough to bump the grade, I think.

I agree, resubmitting will be a waste of money but the OP seems to think pressing is magic so I wish him good luck.