• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did this wind up happening????

9 posts in this topic

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20171030/rego-park/comic-book-collectibles-comic-cons-rego-park-99-01-63rd-rd/

Announced after the NYCC kerfuffle. Why they pictured those comics, I have no idea. Don't see any internet listing on it. The property itself seems to be in some sort of legal situation. I always liked Carbo's dad. But Rego Park is kind of a PITA to get to. Can't imagine there being a lot of foot traffic if you're renting a table there. But a supermarket is big enough to hold a show every month.

7 minutes ago, the blob said:

I can't believe "journalists" are STILL using dopey phrases from the Batman TV show to introduce articles about comics. The show went off the air 50 F*&%$^G years ago. Just stop it. 

"as well as dozens of comic books — from "The Incredible Hulk" and "Mister Miracle" to "Star Trek" and "The Uncanny X-Men."

They have DOZENS of comic books for sale! Sounds like a sure fire way to generate enough sales to pay for $12,500 a month in taxes (not to mention whatever the rent and/or mortgage might be, insurance, electricity....)

OK,OK, I found it:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/rego-park-market-queens

It is being run as a more general indoor flea market, not some collectors paradise. At least until they knock down the building and put up some condos.

57 minutes ago, october said:

I can't believe "journalists" are STILL using dopey phrases from the Batman TV show to introduce articles about comics. The show went off the air 50 F*&%$^G years ago. Just stop it. 

Nice Post!  WHAM!!  SOCKO!!

2 hours ago, the blob said:

OK,OK, I found it:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/rego-park-market-queens

It is being run as a more general indoor flea market, not some collectors paradise. At least until they knock down the building and put up some condos.

The last Yelp review states that this was closed down as of April

3 hours ago, october said:

Not quite accurate. The writers don't write the headlines. That's a marketing person at the paper who writes all the headlines. Though usually it is someone trained in English/journalism.

44 minutes ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

Not quite accurate. The writers don't write the headlines. That's a marketing person at the paper who writes all the headlines. Though usually it is someone trained in English/journalism.

That wasn't in the headline. It's the first sentence of the article. 

Either way, they suck.

Edited by october