• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYC peeps: Midtown Comics Times Square now has CGC services ?

7 posts in this topic

I usually drop mine off at my LCS in Queens (Royal Collectibles), and have gone through them for a few years. I just drop them off, I think they charge like $5-7 for filling out the forms (something like that) on top of the grading and shipping cost, they send out shipments once a month at least, smooth process for me.

Getting a membership and using it enough to make it worthwhile is perhaps something not everyone would like to do.  I can easily see the “casual CGC customer” being perfectly happy for others to take care of the details.  I know people who essentially think of their LCS owner as the most knowledgeable expert they could ever know and their interface to all things having to do with comics and comic collecting.

I think CGC has the right idea to bring in a new customer base. Midtown Comics is one of the largest comic retailers.

This is essentially a Try Before You Buy scenario.  Test out CGC services for your special variant covers and see how much you can flip the slabbed comic for afterwards.  Eventually, these individuals will get their own CGC membership and submit books directly.

Cheers!

N.