• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Man

14 posts in this topic

Kudos Hollywood for taking one of the most interesting things Man has ever done and making it about as thrilling as watching someone blow their nose.

Movie seemed like 2 hours and 10 min of people at home muttering about stuff and 12 min of rocket stuff. WTF
You just depict morose depressed people and the reviewers go GA GA every single time!!!!

These guys seemed about as interested in going to the Moon as a kid eating his broccoli.

And why were most 99% of the shots of space or other flight of the interior and 99% of those shots were of the guy's visor?  They couldnt afford models?  Get some kids to build em or something.

I feel anger because this is a very interesting story and here's this emotionless zombie staring at stuff and muttering and thats supposed to be Neil Armstrong and the movie isnt about the moon landing its about Neil Armstrong and his wife at home muttering about stuff-

1 hour ago, kav said:

I feel anger because this is a very interesting story and here's this emotionless zombie staring at stuff and muttering and thats supposed to be Neil Armstrong and the movie isnt about the moon landing its about Neil Armstrong and his wife at home muttering about stuff-

they could've given Neil Armstrong super powers and had him fly to the moon w/out the aid of a rocketship; although i don't think that was in Hansen's biography of Armstrong, the actual man, on which the movie was based.

46 minutes ago, paperheart said:

they could've given Neil Armstrong super powers and had him fly to the moon w/out the aid of a rocketship; although i don't think that was in Hansen's biography of Armstrong, the actual man, on which the movie was based.

Look a film is made to entertain.  If the book doesnt translate then you hire a good screenwriter.  I read the book For All Mankind and that would have made a good --script.  If First Man is boring, then find another book.  Pretty sure the book was great, the movie was a suckfest.  No drama. no story arc, no characterization-nothing.  Just some guy shambling around staring at stuff and they couldnt even afford models.

Pretty sure in real life Neil was more lively and interesting than a lobotomy patient.

Edited by kav

And you dont have to give someone super powers to make a movie interesting.  The movie 127 hours had basically one actor no dialogue and no action.  It was a guy stuck in a rock.  And it was riveting.  Because good writing.  Likewise the movie All Is Lost.  One actor, no dialogue.  No super powers.  Riveting.  

Edited by kav

28 minutes ago, kav said:

Look a film is made to entertain.  If the book doesnt translate then you hire a good screenwriter.  I read the book For All Mankind and that would have made a good ---script.  If First Man is boring, then find another book.  Pretty sure the book was great, the movie was a suckfest.  No drama. no story arc, no characterization-nothing.  Just some guy shambling around staring at stuff and they couldnt even afford models.

Pretty sure in real life Neil was more lively and interesting than a lobotomy patient.

you knew the man? love to hear some lively stories, maybe from the day they buried his daughter. fun stuff.

1 minute ago, paperheart said:

you knew the man? love to hear some lively stories, maybe from the day they buried his daughter. fun stuff.

Youre right since he had a tragedy the movie was great-sorry.

8 minutes ago, paperheart said:

shoot me your address, i'll send you the extended Blu-Ray w/ gag reel

anyway I seem to be wrong-everyone loved the film, both reviewers and audience.