• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this Wolverines inspiration?
1 1

30 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Judging by the clenched fists, have the claws been Photoshopped out there?

From Timber Wolf? Nope, that's how DC drew him in the 70s (he has been around since the 60s). I'm sure it isn't a coincidence that Dave Cockrum, who created Wolverine's look (without the mask on) once he took over drawing the Uncanny X-Men, had previously worked for DC drawing LoSH and, of course, Timber Wolf...

Image result for timber wolf legion of super heroes

Edited by Black_Adam

29 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

From Timber Wolf? Nope, that's how DC drew him in the 70s (he has been around since the 60s). I'm sure it isn't a coincidence that Dave Cockrum, who created Wolverine's look (without the mask on) once he took over drawing the Uncanny X-Men, had previously worked for DC drawing LoSH and, of course, Timber Wolf...

I'm just messing about.  Sorry.  :sorry:

Cockrum's LOSH is one of my favourite series from my 70's childhood, and Timber Wolf one of my most fondly-remembered Bronze Age characters.

There's also the homage to his look in Logan's redesigned costume in Iron Fist 15 and the first Imperial Guard storyline in X-Men.

Edited by Ken Aldred

24 minutes ago, Heronext said:

Golden Age Ferret:

AB114BEE-8316-4802-9C86-9B4A10A15296.jpeg

Interesting.  An even more obscure version.

Both could've been much more popular with better identification of a key target audience, as I suggested in my earlier post.

I've done the research...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferret-legging

7 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

He's not from our side of the family?

8993efc475ede155369ea8bccfa2ef81.gif