• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about CGC messing up my SS submission

6 posts in this topic

I submitted a few books for SS for the first time at Baltimore Comic Con last month.  One of them was ASM799 McGuiness cover variant which I had witnessed sigs from Slott and McGuiness, received the same day about 10 minutes apart.  The grades just got posted and it came back Qualified SS because they aren’t counting the McGuiness sig.  I looked just now at the paperwork they filled out for me at the convention and they only list Slott on there.  I know for certain the ticket the witness handed me to turn in had both names on it.   Is there anything I can have them do or is it just my word against theirs?

1 hour ago, DaveSFU said:

I submitted a few books for SS for the first time at Baltimore Comic Con last month.  One of them was ASM799 McGuiness cover variant which I had witnessed sigs from Slott and McGuiness, received the same day about 10 minutes apart.  The grades just got posted and it came back Qualified SS because they aren’t counting the McGuiness sig.  I looked just now at the paperwork they filled out for me at the convention and they only list Slott on there.  I know for certain the ticket the witness handed me to turn in had both names on it.   Is there anything I can have them do or is it just my word against theirs?

I'm not sure how we can help you, you need to call CGC. Good luck. BTW, I've learned to take a phone pic of most any document I don't keep the physical copy of.

16 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I'm not sure how we can help you, you need to call CGC. Good luck. BTW, I've learned to take a phone pic of most any document I don't keep the physical copy of.

I will next time.  I didnt realize not having a copy of the witness ticket would become an issue since i had the invoice

3 hours ago, RadiantGraphix said:

Call. Call right away. 

I did as soon as the grades went up, but they had already sent the books out.  They told me to call back when i get them in hand and they would need to go through paperwork

2 hours ago, DaveSFU said:

I did as soon as the grades went up, but they had already sent the books out.  They told me to call back when i get them in hand and they would need to go through paperwork

Yeah... they are probably going ot make you ship them back and it should be fixed for free and returned to you.  You're gonna be out the return shipping costs, but the should re-label it and send it back to you for free.  That's what they did in my experience with the same things.