• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fair Market Value

8 posts in this topic

No, this post doesn't have anything to do with CGC's pricing structure, but I heard an interesting rumor regarding the new OS price guide. Specifically, for the more expensive Golden Age books (and I'll guess early/key silver age), the "new" VF/NM price will basically be last year's NM price, and prices won't be listed at all for NM books - these will be designated "fair market value" or something to that effect.

Makes sense to me...why even bother listing a value for Action 1 in NM if there is absolutely zero data out there to support a figure? With regards to this approach, I would be interested to see any pricing data for the Marvel Silver Age keys in 9.4 or better...probably not a whole lot of data points, and probably a good bit of variability with those that are available!

Any idea when the guide will hit the shelves??

Specifically, for the more expensive Golden Age books (and I'll guess early/key silver age), the "new" VF/NM price will basically be last year's NM price, and prices won't be listed at all for NM books - these will be designated "fair market value" or something to that effect.

This does make sense since the Overstreet guide values are made up of a large cross section of data/prices. This kind of data is just not there for older NM books, so it is almost imposible to nail down a median price as with other grades.

I hope so, but I've been down that road before. So I normally don't hold my breath. Whadda' ya' guys say. Does the guide usually arrive when you're shop promises it will? (And I'm not saying it's their fault - usually has something to do with distribution delays?) smirk.gif