• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is 5 Stars on Ebay Shipping/Handling Impossible to get?

5 posts in this topic

Ive have been sitting at 4.9 for years and I just wondered if someone else has ever made a 5.0 in the category?
And please someone don't suggest free shipping if it takes that I am fine with 4.9.

As you can tell I am not a high volume seller, but it has bugged for a couple of years that I cant seem to get a 5 in the
category.

image.thumb.png.8e2450f09e16e10268cee657c20c6830.png

Edited by fastballspecial

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you offer free shipping and positive feedback is left, you automatically get 5 stars for shipping and handling...

It has not let me leave feedback because of free shipping

I baffled by how ebay does it  I know I have always offered free shipping and never got 5 stars.

Edited by kav

It is possible, I have two stores and one is all 5 stars. The other is 5 except for the shipping, which is stuck on 4.9. I don't offer free shipping on anything with either of the stores. I'm fine with the 4.9 also, don't wanna offer free shipping as I sell cheap stuff

wotfan1538 ( 3553Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999) eBay Store

s.gif

s.gifs.gif
Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 100% 
[How is Feedback percentage calculated?]
s.gif

Recent Feedback ratings(last 12 months)

1 month 6 months 12 months s.gif
iconPos_16x16.gif Positive 40 428 880
iconNeu_16x16.gif Neutral 0 0 0
iconNeg_16x16.gif Negative 0 0 0
Detailed seller ratings (last 12 months)

Criteria Average rating Number of ratings
Item as described StarStarStarStarStar 272 s.gif
Communication StarStarStarStarStar 265 s.gif
Shipping time StarStarStarStarStar 284 s.gif
Shipping and handling charges StarStarStarStarStar 274

I also have a 100% rating and 5s on everything else, but only a 4.8 on shipping...

It seems to me that people want strong, bomb-proof boxes with padding and cardboard sandwiches for their comics, with some extra freebie books thrown in, but only want to pay the cost of sending a post card.