• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Purchasing a slab online - do these added fees seem correct?

23 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2018 at 2:21 AM, silverseeker said:

I agree. Shipping a $150 slab from California to the East Coast via insured USPS Priority Mail costs a bit over $16, assuming postage is not purchased via a website that offers a discount...

Metropolis ships FedEx.

They must charge shipping by weight. I have always been around $11. But it's been different every time.

I have never been charged tax by them. Per BeachBum's info. it doesn't look like NY has that law yet.

For anyone that cares they said they looked into it and overcharged for tax and shipping.    I know it's only like $12 but it add ups and if it happened to my small order think how much of an overcharge a $1000+ order would add up to.   Also shipping requested was USPS not Fedex both times.

New total =

ITEM TOTAL:     $150.00

Sales Tax:      $10.03

Shipping Cost:      $10.47

------------

INVOICE TOTAL:     $170.50

VS Original charge:

ITEM TOTAL:     $150.00

Sales Tax:      $15.07

Shipping Cost:      $17.50

------------

INVOICE TOTAL:     $182.57

Edited by rkretz