• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ending Ebay Auctions!!

37 posts in this topic

What the ***** is up with ending auctions with 10 seconds to go. I was looking at an auction and was going to bid and had about 30 seconds left, when I placed my bid it said auction ended! I looked at it again and saw that all bids were cancelled, is this allowed by ebay? Any advice or input would be appreciated. mad.gif

Hey Supapimp, I don't know how to add links on here but I will let you know the auction. It was for a ASM 300 CGC 9.6(sound familiar) and the seller was 2ltbill , I have purchased from him along time ago(1 1/2 years ago) and it went well. Well I have been looking at this auction for a few days and decided to bid on it and when I did it showed I was to late (which I knew could not be correct) and then I saw all bids cancelled, what do you guys think about this? mad.gif

>>Yup ...it sucks but it is allowed...

Actually it isn't anymore and EBay sent me a notice in one of their updates concerning this practice and their efforts to curb it. Essentially it stated that while ending auctions was still allowed under extenuating circumstances (as in the item was damaged), sellers abusing this would be subject to punishment.

Here's a quote:

NOTE: Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated.

Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated.

Lets hope ebay do investigate and put a stop to this practice. The fact there is money in it for them (reserve fees) means they may actually do something about it.

The price was at $152.00, I was wondering maybe this person didn't have the book because they were trying to win another auction for less and then resell at a higher price(just my feeling I really don't know)but didn't end up winning. I don't know but I would like to get one CGC'D AT 9.6 with white pages, if anyone can help out let me know.

So report that sucker and see how much cash he makes with a NRU'd account. The quote I posted was from the general site info, but the email made it quite clear that EBay is taking it very seriously and ending an auction with under a minute to go is akin to admitting guilt.

Slap them silly!!

I knew my gut feeling was right about him but I wanted to give him/her the benefit of the doubt! I never post things I usually see like this but from now on I will because this in my opinion is not right! mad.gif