• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling a large number of books on Ebay - All together or space them out?

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

I plan on selling a bunch of books on Ebay some time in the next few months, probably 50 or so books in all. Most of them fall into 2 fairly specialized groups:

1) About 30 silver age Harvey file copies - all them are CGCd, very high grade and really choice covers (in my opinion anyway).

2) 12 Avengers books ranging from issues 48 to 81- all CGC'd, pedigree copies and 9.4 or higher.

I'm leaning towards putting them all up at once in an attempt to draw eyeballs but am wondering whether I would do better spacing them over a period of time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pete

IMO I would list them separately but try and list the runs at the same time. i.e. - list all the Avengers at one time.

That way, if a bidder needs a couple or more for his collection, he can save a bit on shipping and will bid accordingly.

Listing the hi-grades together would mean a potential bidder won't bid as high as there could be books in the lot he doesn't need.

As lpong as they are sapced in tme enough for people to make bids on multiple books you should be ok. Nothing in the bidding world makes me crazier than someone who nhas 4 or 5 nice movie posters that I want with them ending 10 seconds apart.

As lpong as they are sapced in tme enough for people to make bids on multiple books you should be ok. Nothing in the bidding world makes me crazier than someone who nhas 4 or 5 nice movie posters that I want with them ending 10 seconds apart.

You doing this on purpose now, aren't you? smirk.gif

Serously? Nope. End of a long work day that began early this morning with a series of conference calls and emergency calls. Followed by server builds and management madness. So just sitting at my desk now and trying to decompress and typing and not really tending to the spelling like I have been doing of late.

BTW - space is probaly my most common spelling error. Not sure why but I almost always spell it sapce and usually catch it in time but not today.

I wouldn't hesitate to sell the Avengers run at the same time. For the Harveys, it would depend on what you have--if you think that there would only be a few bidders on each book and that those bidders aren't the deep pocketed kind, you might want to split them up a bit. What Harveys are you talking about?

Serously? Nope. End of a long work day that began early this morning with a series of conference calls and emergency calls. Followed by server builds and management madness. So just sitting at my desk now and trying to decompress and typing and not really tending to the spelling like I have been doing of late.

BTW - space is probaly my most common spelling error. Not sure why but I almost always spell it sapce and usually catch it in time but not today.

They let you have a desk 893whatthe.gif

I What Harveys are you talking about?

The Harvey's are all humor titles and include Richie Rich PLRBs, Hot Stuff, Casper, Dot, etc. Most of them were published between 1959 and 1963.

What are the Avengers?

Well, it wasn't my intent to turn this into an advetisement. Hopefully I won't get scolded. Any further discussion on the books themselves should probably be left out of the thread.

Avengers 48 9.4 Pacific Coast

Avengers 50 9.4 Western Penn

Avengers 57 9.4 Winnipeg

Avengers 61 9.6 Curator

Avengers 63 9.4 Winnipeg

Avengers 64 9.6 Northland

Avengers 67 9.4 Western Penn

Avengers 69 9.4 Pacific Coast

Avengers 70 at CGC Northland

Avengers 76 9.6 Northland

Avengers 77 9.6 Northland

Avengers 81 at CGC Oakland

That's a great point.

Thank you.

split the books in 3 groups. start one group on sunday, the next group that thursday, the final group on the following sunday (when the first group are ending). you'll have sold all the books in 2 weeks, which also gives them prolonged exposure. whenever i've had multiple similar items - this technique works for me. often, people buy in the first group, and bid on the other books in the upcoming days.

allude in each of the auctions of the other auctions being held.

Yeah, there is nothing like losing an auction in the final seconds to get a bidder ready to top their previous bid on another similar book ending a few minutes later. Once you've psychologically committed to spending x amount of dollars, and then get outbid - it almost feels like found money when you go after the next item. I know I've been sucked into paying a little bit extra that way.

What are the Avengers?

Well, it wasn't my intent to turn this into an advetisement. Hopefully I won't get scolded. Any further discussion on the books themselves should probably be left out of the thread.

Avengers 48 9.4 Pacific Coast

Avengers 50 9.4 Western Penn

Avengers 57 9.4 Winnipeg

Avengers 61 9.6 Curator

Avengers 63 9.4 Winnipeg

Avengers 64 9.6 Northland

Avengers 67 9.4 Western Penn

Avengers 69 9.4 Pacific Coast

Avengers 70 at CGC Northland

Avengers 76 9.6 Northland

Avengers 77 9.6 Northland

Avengers 81 at CGC Oakland