• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Having a hard time believing this is a 9.8
3 3

46 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, deadleg said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Ask and ye shall receive:

all4.825b.jpg

Even with the obvious discoloring around the edges, it still looks pretty nice for a CGC 7.5 graded copy, especially considering it's almost 75 years old.  :cloud9:

Thanks Lou! I give you props. That's one of the nicest All-American 61s I have ever seen! 

Well, it looks like it's your lucky day then.  :devil:

This book can be all yours in a few short weeks from now if you happen to hit the right buttons on your keyboard at the right time.  lol

10 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, it looks like it's your lucky day then.  :devil:

This book can be all yours in a few short weeks from now if you happen to hit the right buttons on your keyboard at the right time.  lol

my cat will be bidding-

2 hours ago, kav said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Ask and ye shall receive:

all4.825b.jpg

Even with the obvious discoloring around the edges, it still looks pretty nice for a CGC 7.5 graded copy, especially considering it's almost 75 years old.   I would still take it.  :cloud9:

Would definitely want to see the interior first few pages of that baby. :whistle:

Nah, you would probably just ask to see the remaining 60 interior pages of the book after that.  Better to just get the Grader's Notes for the book.  No point for me to pay for notes since I wouldn't even be able to afford this book in CGC 2.5 graded condition, let alone in its current nicely presenting CGC 7.5 graded condition. :frown:

Well, here's another CGC 7.5 graded copy where the notes indicate all of the defects to be clearly visible on the covers as seen below:

sen1.1048a.jpg

sen1.1048b.jpg

Looks like if it wasn't for those cover defects, the book would have graded much closer to the 9's since the interior white pages were apparently perfect.  (thumbsu  :luhv: