• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Savage Sword of Conan #36 p45
1 1

11 posts in this topic

A few years back (I think 2013) I I sold this on eBay for $850 in under 2 hours of posting it.  I was shocked! I bought it for $35 back in the mid 80's.  I have no idea how do determine a price for original art still.  I had based my price on some other SSOC original art I had seen then on eBay so I listed $850 thinking it would never sell but as I mentioned it sold in under 2 hours!! To this day I keep asking myself, did I under price it?  SOOOO I was wondering what y'all think?  Did I get a good price for it or undervalue it?

DSCF0751.jpeg

DSCF0752.jpeg

13 minutes ago, malvin said:

I don't know the value of Conan pages, especially back in 2013.

I hate to say it, but its been 5 years, why would you do that to yourself? Move on :)

Malvin

HAHA.  Yeah I know.  I was just aways so shocked how fast it sold. Either way I made a good profit!  Also I just noticed through viewing SSOC online its actually in issue #37 print issue and not #36 which it says on the back of the piece.

Edited by Xenosmilus

17 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

A few years back (I think 2013) I I sold this on eBay for $850 in under 2 hours of posting it.  I was shocked! I bought it for $35 back in the mid 80's.  I have no idea how do determine a price for original art still.  I had based my price on some other SSOC original art I had seen then on eBay so I listed $850 thinking it would never sell but as I mentioned it sold in under 2 hours!! To this day I keep asking myself, did I under price it?  SOOOO I was wondering what y'all think?  Did I get a good price for it or undervalue it?

DSCF0751.jpeg

DSCF0752.jpeg

$850 back in 2013 seems like a decent price for that page. 

UPDATE: Might've been a tad underpriced, but not terribly so, per Heritage auction results. Explains why it sold in two hours. (You should have run an auction rather than a BIN).

Edited by PhilipB2k17

21 minutes ago, MagnusX said:

To the OP.

You have a Hefty Profit
from the price you pay for this piece,
whatever happen after you sold
its not your business...

I am very much enjoying imagining you reading this aloud in Batman voice. 

I gave away a page from this issue 12 years ago to a fellow collecting friend (he may have bought this one). He had done me a favor, and he had sent me a page he won on ebay back in the eBay salad days just because he knew I liked it. No regrets whatsoever and no thought to the value.  Prices for #36 shot up just because of one person mostly, and there were a few pages that sat on ebay unsold for YEARs, so you actually made out quite well.  In fact, you might not me able to get that price today for it.