• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this Flash 143

10 posts in this topic

Why so harsh? confused.gif A few spine nicks and that bumpy-foldy corner thing on the back cover? That book's like an 8.0 - 8.5. Are you guys really taking off that much for the dirt on the back and the bindery tear on the bottom front? screwy.gif

Why so harsh? confused.gif A few spine nicks and that bumpy-foldy corner thing on the back cover? That book's like an 8.0 - 8.5. Are you guys really taking off that much for the dirt on the back and the bindery tear on the bottom front? screwy.gif

you probably nailed why they graded so harsh. BUT, IMO, it is structurally equal to some CGC 8.0 spideys I have from around that time and the dirt is a non-factor (wonderbreaded it could present for a strong 8.0,possible 8.5 gossip.gif ) But if the corner is folded thru the book, it will probably be the result of some impact damage from sliding or being dropped and the bindery tear (although probably magnified in prominence because of the nature of scans) would keep this book for me at a 7.5, IMO flowerred.gif

I felt there was too much going on for the 8.0 level.

LLFC breaks color.

BEFC crease or cut going towards rt foot of GL..

1/8" crease LRFC

Chipping TEFC

Spine ticks 3

ULBC crease/fold

BC Foxing

LLBC Blunting

This comic could very easily make the 7 level. But my experiences from CGC have been harsh. I'm glad you felt the comic was higher that’s what the poster wants is discussion.

7.5 sumo.gif It's a nice book, but the fold / crease to the ULBC is significant, and there's no way you can call the wear to the LLFC a "bindery tear" screwy.gifscrewy.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif well I didnt post this book because I thought it was uber HG - but have a look at the amount of creasing and browing and tears in some of the SA examples in the OSGG in the 6.5 to 7.0 grades - this book is far better. In fact look at the amount of spine stress and edge creasing (not minor wear as it the case here along the top edge) that the 8.0 Teen Titans book has.

Anyway I know you are not your books - so on to the reason why I did post it. Lets say for sake of arguement that its a borderline 7.5 / 8.0 right now. The back cover crease - A) does not break color and B) doest not extend to the interior pages.

So having said that imagine this book without the crease IE the crease pressed out - looking at the book I just thought that this is a perfect example of the type of book that gets pressed. Without that crease it is in the 9.0 ball park, especially with dry cleaning. Two of the tactics that get alot of discussion around here. Now I'm not gonna clean and press it, but I think it illustrates a book that can make significant movement into HG with NDP and I thought that would make for an interesting discussion.

So I wanted everyone to have a look and then imagine the grade without the back cover crease. hi.gif

The back cover crease - A) does not break color and B) doest not extend to the interior pages.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe 7.5 then... laugh.gif