• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many people would you expect to attend?

How many folks through the door?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. How many folks through the door?

29 posts in this topic

If the promoter charged attendance for the little ones, they are attendees...

Because I guarantee you, he is going to count them as attendees when he pitches his next show.

500+, especially if the table costs $75. I'm sure I'm low.

yeah, this is our Tysons show here in NoVa....tables are now $85?

As a show dealer my goal is to gross 10 times or more the amount of what I paid for a table per day.

893whatthe.gif

I've done near 10 shows over here and never come close to, or expected, this percentage. Neither has any of the other dealers I know. Best I've done is 6 times my table fee. Four times the normal gross is more the average...

If you guys are getting 10 times the fee...I can't wait to get back to the States... grin.gif

Jim

If a spot cost $50 to $75 and you are not grossing more than 5X that($250-375),then you are really making a hobby of selling at shows.

At the lower end of the range,after deducting your other expenses;gas,food,tolls,ect,ect-

what are you making for a ten hour day-$175 to $300 minus the costs of goods sold.Unless you are working on an 80% profit margin,you are almost better off flipping burgers for a second job.

I set-up at shows because I truly enjoy it and if I break even (I'm buying as well but usually leave making money at the majority of shows) then I'm happy. But from what I can tell, the other dealers, with a few exceptions, make a comparable amount as I. I'm not sure what their motivation is but get the feeling a few of them rely on the shows more than I to generate money.

I only do a show every couple of months where the majority of these guys have a store or set-up every week somewhere...

I'll also add that my expenses, outside of the table fee, are very low. Packed lunch, drinks, and snacks are usually the norm, the kid works for free, and the comics long ago paid for (and have paid for themselves after a couple of shows).

Jim

So what is the average attendance for Tyson ? It must be ok else you would not set up.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

James Vaughn

JMV Entertainment

Tysons is in the 400-600 range, and there are VERY deep pocketed buyers walking through the show.

the kid works for free

Jim

Do you read child labor laws? poke2.gif Hopefully, you at least give them lunch.

Lunch is provided as well as the occasional purchase of figurines, Dragonball Z cards, Star Wars accessories, Manga busts, Yu-Gi-Yoh metal pogs, etc... 893whatthe.gif

Yeah...I'm a sucker... grin.gif

Jim