• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5 Forumities - Past or Present that you'd sit next to on a looong flight.

144 posts in this topic

893scratchchin-thumb.gif This is a tough one - I'll exclude the SF bay area guys cause I can talk to them anytime.

1. Steve Borock - I guarantee after we landed in Ulan Bator the Alpha grades would be back and Mile High 2 would be gone ..... sumo.gif

2. Pedigreeman - Because I love peds too. cloud9.gif

3. Hammer - love him or hate him it would be entertaining no doubt.

4. Joe Collector - cause he's got more conspiracy theories than I do.

5. Deathlock - Exit door procedure at 30,000 ft. for ONE. devil.gif

Already gave my answers in the other thread... but here goes:

Hammer

JC

Bugaboo

Ian Levine

Thunderkitten

Four of those are for the sparkling conversation. (sing-song voice) Which of these is not like the others? (end sing-song voice).

Heck, if Hammer offered a $0.99 a minute phone line and he promised to keep talking, I would burn through my credit cards in no time... cloud9.gif

I don't need no stinking props... I just need better AC... thumbsup2.gif

Well that and some of those tiny airplane pretzels... mmmmm... airplane pretzels... cloud9.gif

I don't need no stinking props... I just need better AC... thumbsup2.gif

Well that and some of those tiny airplane pretzels... mmmmm... airplane pretzels... cloud9.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif

I've never met anyone in person, but I'll give it a shot.

1.) Steve Borock - Talk about CGC issues and comic collecting in general. I'm sure I'll learn a lot.

2.) Ian Levine - Since we both like comics and Doctor Who, I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about. However, some ground rules would have to be set in place first to make sure that Ian doesn't bring up New Adventure Comics #26 or the Superman/Bradman book. foreheadslap.gif

3.) Arnold Blumberg - Same as Ian. Plus we'll talk about making some changes/improvements to the OS guide. poke2.gif I know, I know........Arnold's not in charge of the pricing. yeahok.gif Perhaps he can nod his head in agreement until the flight is over to make me feel better.

4.) Nearmint - Jeff has always been very polite and informative when discussing GA collecting.

5.) sfilosa - Same as Nearmint, except we'll be discussing SA books instead.

I wanted to mention people like FFB (which I tend to agree with most of the time)and Esquirecomics, but I highly doubt that I'd be allowed to particpate in the two-way conversation. smile.gif

In no order.

Redhook - He seems like one hell of a good guy.

SilverSurfer - I think we see a lot of things the same way and it's nice to talk to someone that agrees with you.

JC - We are basically polar opposites. After a long flight with someone that sees things the way I do (SilverSurfer) it would be nice to talk to someone I have nothing in common with.

BronzeBruce - Anyone that loves comics as much as he does would be a lot of fun to hang out with.

Lighthouse - If he's half as entertaining in person as he is in his e-mails and his con reports then he could carry the conversation. Not to mention that as crazy as my life sometimes gets, it's nothing compared to House.

Nikos could also make the list for the same reasons as Hook and Bruce.

Silver Surfer-We share many of the same collecting tastes and we also seem to have many of the same viewpoints in common.

Redhook-To ditto what someone else said earlier, just seems like a really cool guy.

ComicSupply-Have had many conversations with Russ and think it would be cool to have him along

FFB-Was very good and helpful to me when I first got started in this hobby a little over 2 years ago over at CPG.com (is that place even still running?)

Greggy-Damn Canadian. Would actually be nice to see if the ol' guy can speak in complete sentences and without graemlins poke2.gif

In no particular.

1. Joanna - there could be comic talk..writing talk...Byrne Talk...Crisis talk...there'd probably be no end to the conversation.

2. Povertyrow - Seems to have the same personality as one of my closer friends... a bit weird(horror comic lover)... a bit crotchity(sp?)...and still comes across as a nice guy.

3. Bug - To get to the truth of all the shills...and maybe to try to get him back to the fun Bug of a couple years ago.

4. Postal - To find out his secret on how to beat flyingdonut(or the other 20 guys ahead of me) in fantasy baseball.

5. Adamstrange or any of the other guys that posts those beautiful books in the goldenage threads. They'd have to bring a few books with them...and let me thumb through them too...Yeah right, like they'd let that happen. 27_laughing.gif

5A. Nikos - Seems to have a good sense of humor and all around nice guy.

Bronzebruce13 (Someday just to meet Bruce would be cool all by itself!)

Beyonder (Seems Cool)

Joe Collector ( I really think he is just having fun here! He keeps coming back)

Bugaboo (Hands down makes me laugh the hardest)

Red Hook (Just because he seems like a nice guy!)

Even though I know it would'nt probably be ideal!

Davidking623

Hammer - Obvious reasons

Redhook - Just a good guy, makes me laugh

FFB - So I can pick his brain on grading contests past

Bug - Can't stand him, but it would be an interesting flight

AlexH - Fellow Canadian and we share a love for comics and fantasy sports, good conversation will follow

POV: Having meet Michale a number of times, I have found him to be a most charming and witty fellow.

He would be able to 'hold-his-own' in just about any conversation, and add insight with personal knowledge.

REDHOOK: Brad has always struck me as someone that has the same 'fire', or passion for this hobby

as I do, as he is not afraid to take a stand and defend it . It would be interesting to see what dynamics he would add.

FULEMAN: At first I took offense to his calling me "Gray Matter", but I soon came to see it as part of his

quirky sense of humor. Bob I think would add that element to any conversation, and keep it 'light and friendly'.

NEWT: Because he is Newt, and brings a great amount of the inner workings of CGC with him.

Besides we might just NEED a "NEWT MOMENT"

ZE-MAN: Kenny is I feel a kindred spirit, one who can agree or disagree without making it personal.

He would 'round-out' this group rather nicely.

NOW FOR A sign-rantpost.gif Five is not really enough, as there are many, many others on these boards,

given the chance to meet 'in person' I would jump at the chance to, so if you do not find your name here I

was limted to ONLY five........ sorry.gif

Hard to pick just 5, I don't want to offend anyone that I left out but here we go:

Captian Tripps - C'mon guys do you think Doug would have a few interesting stories to share. Nicest guy on these boards.

Arex Crooke

Old Guy - as mentioned earlier both these dudes are on the same wave length as me. I got your back boyz. thumbsup2.gif

Punny Human - maybe I would get a chance at stealing his luggage and run home with all those great GA books. cloud9.gif

JBComicbox (sp?) Jon Berk - another great guy with a ridiculous collection.

Others on standby:

Red Hook, Burntboy, Deathlok, Pov, Esquire, Moondog, Sfilosa. Have to come back to this thread as I can't think of any more names right now.

[

NEWT: Because he is Newt, and brings a great amount of the inner workings of CGC with him.:

But he will be NEWT'ered! 893whatthe.gif however newt does know the inner workings of the CGC bathroom pretty well! hehe

West

-Bronzebruce13 because he is pretty damn funny

-Bugaboo for his humor

-Greggy for the free peep show (short shorts)

-Steve Borock because he loves to get [embarrasing lack of self control] faced smile.gif

-Hammer so I can ask him to trim a few of my books?

Ian Levine - Since we both like comics and Doctor Who, I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about. However, some ground rules would have to be set in place first to make sure that Ian doesn't bring up New Adventure Comics #26

Well I don't want to tempt fate or give too much away, but I think some news might be imminent.

These questions are always hard to answer as they tend to become a popularity contest of sorts. But with that said, although I'd like to share a long flight (sorry - no mile high club flights though) with practically everybody here, I'll see if I can whittle it down to five based mostly on past experiences and PMs with these individuals:

Povertyrow - I've met the guy a few times and he still brims with the excitement over finding a new cool comic the same way I did when I was 12. Very inspiring and fun guy (plus a musician as well).

FFB - A cool dude with plenty of comic knowledge as well as a legal perspective that I always find adds to most topics (these days with all the controversies out there, it's always wise to have an attorney around).

OctoberFire - Another cool dude that seems to have a very similar taste in comics as I do plus we see eye to eye on many different subjects that have been brought up here.

SBorock - Even if he wasn't the "Big Cheese" at CGC this guy still really IS the life of the party and is one of the most entertaining guys I've ever had the opportunity to get to know.

Lighthouse - Another great conversationalist in many areas besides just comics.

Ian Levine - Since we both like comics and Doctor Who, I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about. However, some ground rules would have to be set in place first to make sure that Ian doesn't bring up New Adventure Comics #26

Well I don't want to tempt fate or give too much away, but I think some news might be imminent.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Great....another Ian Levine thread to look forward to.