• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 11... also, some silly kid colored in Spidey's eyes with a pen... is removal even an option? EDIT2: grade is in...

15 posts in this topic

Maybe it it was a higher grade... thoughts? How much does that stuff lower the grade, anyhoo? Man, doing that would NEVER have entered my mind as a kid. Probably one boy loaned it to another... got it back, and was like, "What the..." ;)

ASM11A.thumb.jpeg.5e056dbec7e570f10a1df282f33ec22f.jpegASM11B.thumb.jpeg.90234c4de003fe8dbdb09827a97c3a27.jpeg

Edited by oldrover

:preach:

I do not remember if I did that as a kid back in the 60's but coloring/drawing on comic books is what kids did when young kids actually read comic books.

Back in the 50'/60's comic books were a disposable form of inexpensive reading entertainment for kids, not something that was going to be kept and treasured so they were drawn/written on, folded/torn/taken apart, traded, left lying around and finally Mom through them out.

My Grandchildren are always wanting to color/paint/draw they just use other mediums because they do not own comic books.

My 5 year old Granddaughter would paint every toy she owns if she was allowed.

We used to take issues Marvel Tales/Marvel Collector Items Classics and take them apart and treat each reprinted story as its own book, you would have to be a kid again in the 60's to really understand why.

Small Anecdote...:preach:

Back in 62/63 had a friend who's Dad worked for Topps in Phila and used to bring us home uncut sheets of each of the latest series of baseball cards.

What is the first thing we did...

Get out the scissors, cut the cards out and stick them in the spokes of our bicycles.

As an adult now all I can think of is WTF, why did I/we do that? :whatthe:

Same thing as drawing on your comic books,

2 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Ball point pen marks may be hard to be removed.

Just leave as it.  Pressing will bring it to VG range.

You think a press would help it? What flaws would it reduce or remove? Just curious... I haven't been pressing lower grade books with flaws like this has, unless they have spine rolls.

On 12/8/2018 at 8:48 AM, JollyComics said:

Ball point pen marks may be hard to be removed.

Just leave as it.  Pressing will bring it to VG range.

Nailed it... with a @joeypost press...

Amazing Spider-Man 11 4/64
Marvel Comics
Universal
4.0 OFF-WHITE