• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoM #3 - the big surprise <spoilers>

60 posts in this topic

I've already said my piece on HOM. I don't think its as bad as everyone says. Course its me against the world on this one, apparently.

I second that thought, it's not as bad as everyone says smile.gif

In these boards, I feel the same way I usually feel when I read movie reviews. The movies that critics hate are the ones I usually enjoy the most confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyway, I guess we'll be able to do a better review of HoM as a whole when the series it's over.

Yeah, agreed. It's an 8-issue series which probably could have been condensed into 3 or 4 issues. It's not a bad thing that its 8, it'll just be a bit drawn out. But I find it odd how people complain about how bad it is when it's not even half over yet.

If I pays my $3 for a comic each month then I wants to have an interesting story to read each month, not a soap opera that promises a big bang and then takes 8 months to either make sense or be passible enjoyment.

Take Mark Millar's recent comments about writing Ultimate FF..."if Stan & Jack can do the coming of Galactus and the Silver Surfer and all that stuff in three issues, then anything can be done in three issues". Plus each of those issues(FF#48-50) had plenty of bang-for-buck & cliff-hanger factors to make you eager to come back each month. Meanwhile. House of M and the spin off titles are currently head scratching stuff where the writers are playing in their own private little playground and seem to be giving the audience(comic readers) a peek at their cleverness...at which we're supposed to feel thankful to have the opportunity to pay to read the book.(okay, this is not just centered on House of M, but modern comics in general too).

To me it is the other way around....the storyteller better make each issue worthy to stand on its' own or I'm not buying the next issue or the TPB either. My days as a rabid "I gotta have each issue to complete a set" fanboy are long over. Bottom line is I bought HOM #1 & #2 and still haven't rushed out to get #3 yet. Now, Omac Project #4, I'll be picking up as soon as it hits the stands.

If I pays my $3 for a comic each month then I wants to have an interesting story to read each month, not a soap opera that promises a big bang and then takes 8 months to either make sense or be passible enjoyment.

Take Mark Millar's recent comments about writing Ultimate FF..."if Stan & Jack can do the coming of Galactus and the Silver Surfer and all that stuff in three issues, then anything can be done in three issues". Plus each of those issues(FF#48-50) had plenty of bang-for-buck & cliff-hanger factors to make you eager to come back each month. Meanwhile. House of M and the spin off titles are currently head scratching stuff where the writers are playing in their own private little playground and seem to be giving the audience(comic readers) a peek at their cleverness...at which we're supposed to feel thankful to have the opportunity to pay to read the book.(okay, this is not just centered on House of M, but modern comics in general too).

To me it is the other way around....the storyteller better make each issue worthy to stand on its' own or I'm not buying the next issue or the TPB either. My days as a rabid "I gotta have each issue to complete a set" fanboy are long over. Bottom line is I bought HOM #1 & #2 and still haven't rushed out to get #3 yet. Now, Omac Project #4, I'll be picking up as soon as it hits the stands.

Exactly! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

yes but before you read OMAC #4 you have to buy another complete arc that spreads across 3 or 4 other DC books to get a story, so you understand what happens in #4...

And it is worth every penny smile.gifthumbsup2.gif

yes but before you read OMAC #4 you have to buy another complete arc that spreads across 3 or 4 other DC books to get a story, so you understand what happens in #4...

That's what recaps are for.

I may or may not pickup whatever Flash, WW, or Superman comic that's before O.P #4. The writer of O.P. #4 is responsible for making his particular book accessible regardless of what happens in someone else's book. Either do a "this is what's happened so far" blurb as some books do have or integrate it into a couple scenes for clarity.

Exactly! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Then stop buying HOM. makepoint.gif

I, on the other hand, feel that paying $3 every two weeks for an HOM issue is worth it. poke2.gif

I think Bendis has done fairly good overall...

Once again, I think I am going against most people, but I do think Daredevil's dragging too much, I personally miss seeing Daredevil in action, but for the last 15 issues, or maybe even more, it seems like every Daredevil issue features people in a dark room talking back and forth. confused-smiley-013.gif

However, most people think Daredevil's the only good thing Bendis is doing, and everything else sucks, so what can I say! smile.gif

I am personally enjoying HoM, and New Avengers a fair amount!

I agree with everything you just said.

And it is worth every penny smile.gifthumbsup2.gif

I'm only reading OMAC. None of the other minis or tie ins. All I plan to read before IC is the OMAC project.

Woo hoo! That makes 3 of us supporting it!

We need more recruits for our cause!!!!

smile.gif

HoM rocks! headbang.gif They couldn't kill off Hawkeye enough for me to get sick of it tongue.gif

Welcome to the South Park generation... yeahok.gif

smile.gif

HoM rocks! headbang.gif They couldn't kill off Hawkeye enough for me to get sick of it tongue.gif

south Park is liek so Last month Mkayyy

Now its the familly Guy Generation

smile.gif

oh my god. you killed Hawkeye!! you bastards!

893applaud-thumb.gif

smile.gif

Kramer Vs Predator!

smile.gif

So, they kill a character off repeatedly in Family Guy? confused-smiley-013.gif

Family Guy/South Park generations?!? Puh-lease.

I'm a part of the Seinfeld & Simpsons generation. South Park, Family Guy, and American Dad are C.R.A.P.!

thumbsup2.gif

South Park is the best show out there. I just watched Team America on dvd again. 893applaud-thumb.gif

(insert vomiting graemlin here)