• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Eisner Uncertainty (Principle)...
1 1

1 post in this topic

In late 2012, when collector Bill Bush passed away, the majority of his remaining original comic book art & pin-up 'gag' art entered the market...

This piece was one of many Will Eisner originals that was being sold. I offered $800 cash & $1,200 in trade credit. In hindsight, I am grateful that the offer was not accepted.

The piece was shortly moved in a larger multiple piece deal to another dealer. It ended up in Mike Burkey's online inventory where it sat for many years. I would quitely check in on it from time to time...

Over the past several(?) months, I watched it move from Mike's online inventory, quickly to Scott Eder's, then to Heritage Auction's where it sold Nov. 16, 2018, and today, it is back amongst Mike's 'New Items'...listed at approximately(?) the same asking price as when he first posted the piece years ago.

All of the 'spooky' behind the scenes machinations are missing from my understanding of this pathway's sequence. Nonetheless, I am certain that this piece of art is absolutely monetarily 'worth less' that what it last sold for at Heritage Auctions. And, much less than the current asking price.

If it were to be marked as either 'Sold' or 'On Hold' in the near future, then I would not be surprised. Nor, would I be certain...

20181209_154231.png

20181209_113715.png