• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's checkerboard

72 posts in this topic

cloud9.gif Curt Swan makes me happy. yay.gif

i was gonna say the same thing about Murphy Anderson, perhaps the most underrated artist of the early SA. his lines are so friggin clean, it sickens me to think of it

I agree. I've gotten hooked on the Infantino/Anderson combo, Swan and Kubert. These guys were real draftsmen. And this from an old Marvel-Head. thumbsup2.gif

Dang, I have more of those than I thought...

Every Action, Adventure, Superman, Superboy, Brave and the Bold, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, most of the World's Finest, and a few misc. ones.

I like the 80 Page Giants...

action334.jpg

worldsfinest161.jpg

jimmyolsen95.jpg

Wow, those books are insane! hail.gif

I've never been a big fan of the "Go Go Checks", but I have to admit they look pretty cool on the Giants.

Thanks! The Kubert cover is cool, but the story inside is perhaps the worst Batman tale ever. It tries to mimic the television show(which was debuting the month the book was on the stands), but fails miserably. The show is a lot funnier.