• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 5

116 posts in this topic

rather than squeaking by with a ton of (suspicious?) ties.

I proved myself last contest. I don't cheat and I didn't make the rules for the contest. Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? off. mad.gif

I only meant that I am glad to not have a record like you or pastandpresentcomics, as it would not take much to loose the dogs on my butt.

rather than squeaking by with a ton of (suspicious?) ties.

I proved myself last contest. I don't cheat and I didn't make the rules for the contest. Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? off. mad.gif

I only meant that I am glad to not have a record like you or pastandpresentcomics, as it would not take much to loose the dogs on my butt.

Yes, I have been waiting for the inevitable backlash. tonofbricks.gif

Do most of you use a grading guide of some sort for these contests? Maybe it would help me if I did. I basically just look at it and pick a grade.

867018-MAGBD.jpg

867018-MAGBD.jpg.c72669373c9eba14873cba0d5bb7608a.jpg

Do most of you use a grading guide of some sort for these contests? Maybe it would help me if I did. I basically just look at it and pick a grade.

867018-MAGBD.jpg

What if you get the bullseye? Does that mean a solid 10 ? confused-smiley-013.gif

867018-MAGBD.jpg

What if you get the bullseye? Does that mean a solid 10 ? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, the Red bullseye is 10.0, and the green surrounding it is 9.9 territory.

867018-MAGBD.jpg

Yeah, the Red bullseye is 10.0, and the green surrounding it is 9.9 territory.

27_laughing.gif I give that my vote as dl's best post EVER!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

But seriously. Does everyone else use a guide? I'm not saying I'm better cause I don't. I'm sure if I did use one, I'd do much better, but I don't want to take the time. I'm really just making the best educated guess that I can, which in some cases obviously isn't good.

I go with my gut on mid-grade books.

Don't your books get blood on them if you do it this way? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Don't your books get blood on them if you do it this way? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not if you are wearing a bib made from unstable molecules. shy.gif