• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 5

116 posts in this topic

I'm disappointed, mica looked in my bottle. stooges.gif
No, you went to the library and read Charles Atlas book, "Graders Guide and Better Abs In 30 Days." Either that or Gilligan helped you with the back cover analysis. grin.gif

I was going to go lower but I can't figure out stains and how they will grade I've seen an old label listing stain on every page and graded 8.5,,, so who knows what those people do down there, I think they are out in the sun too much in Sarasota.

im a little confused, i thought i was going against #18, but looking again, i see i was also paired up against #17, whats the deal?

You were paired with #17 for round 5. Basically the round 5 results are listed and then the new teams for round 6 were posted. In round 6 you are paired with #18.

That was a really tough book to grade from a scan, as it had both stains and a rip.

After looking at the front cover, I had it at 9.0, and then since I have seen high-grade books with small stains and a small staple tear, I just deducted half a grade for each.

I think this one really comes down to how *severe* each of the defects is, which is tough to judge from a scan.

Oh well, still in the Winner's Circle, but I can understand the wild variantions in the grades given. Tough book for any contest.

im a little confused, i thought i was going against #18, but looking again, i see i was also paired up against #17, whats the deal?

You were paired with #17 for round 5. Basically the round 5 results are listed and then the new teams for round 6 were posted. In round 6 you are paired with #18.

one of the charts had me against #18, look at the beginning of this thread... and even if i wasn't supposed to go against 18... why wasn't i? 17 should have gone against 12...

i was just hoping i got revenge against the person who knocked me into the losers bracket

I think I know why you are confused. If you look at the first post I made you went against #17 in Round five. After the results were given Deathlok posted the new matchups for round 6 in this thread as well. You now go up against 18 for round 6. Number 17 did go up against #12 for round 5. So the chart you are now looking at is for round 6.

I hope this clears some of the confusion.