• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal instant notifications

24 posts in this topic

I have opted to receive copies of intant Winning bidder notifications that are sent to winners of my auctions and have been only receiving 1 out of every 5. The few that I have received were extremely late. I bet the buyers do not even get the WBN from paypal mad.gif It pisses me off because I have all of my instructions in these WBN's.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Is this happening to anyone else?

Yup....sometimes the system works very efficiantly..other times it could take days for you to recieve a copy of the "winner notification"....

On a positive note...the notification is usually within the 3 day contact requirement... wink.gif

I use eBay's Seller's Assitant. They charge your eBay account $5/month, but if you sell alot, it's worth it. It's all web based. Just a tab on your My eBay page. The winning notification emails aren't automatic, but you configure them when you first sign up, and you don't have to write them ever again. Just notify your winners with a click of a button. And it organizes your auctions too. You mark who has paid, which item has been shipped, who you've left feedback for. It makes eBaying SO much easier.

I'll bet you a $1.00 that fixes it. Doesn’t your spam filter move "spam" to another folder? Mine moves it all into a "spam" folder and I check it every now and then to make sure it's not filtering anything I want.

Mine moves it all into a "spam" folder and I check it every now and then to make sure it's not filtering anything I want.

just an observation but doesn't this make the spam filter redundant.... crazy.gif

No. It's the price I pay for being the network admin not only at work, but at home also. My computer is also the server for my wife’s and my 13-year-old daughters computers and e-mail accounts. It keeps my daughter from seeing subject lines like "[!@#%^&^] sucking she males want to be fisted and spit on by you!"

Then periodically my filter replicates up to and down from a master data base that collects the same info from thousands of other people that run the filter and the filter gets smarter and smarter the longer I (and thousands of other people) use it.