• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men 10

10 posts in this topic

Hey This has a problem that I dont know how to grade...

The top right corner is clipped...and someone Taped A small piece back in place, there is a Pen mark on the piece added but the Pen mark in not on the book itself, If you removed the Piece added the Pen mark would go with it...

I dont want to remove the piece though because I'm afraid the tape will rip the comic...I could easily cut the piece off and The Pen Mark would go with it, leaving only the tape behind...but I dont know...I just dont know what to do or how to grade

Its also got a tiny piece missing from the bottom right hand corner.

overall the book is pretty nice but has these 2 defects

Thoughts on this comic and the problem?

thanks

Also would this have been better to post in the "Comic Book Grading and Restoration" forum?

I thought about it before posting but didnt know which one to post in?

1546134696339-b2ee2bda-d134-4c22-95af-945024d1089b_.jpg

20181229_224600.jpg

20181229_224616.jpg

20181229_224631.jpg

20181229_224637.jpg

20181229_224641.jpg

20181229_224455.jpg

20181229_224332.jpg

Edited by billbrown7080

28 minutes ago, mrlatko said:

Looks like a nice 6.0 without those flaws.  Probably a CGC 3.0/3.5 tops with the taped corner?

would it help to cut the piece off?

leaving only the tape?

right now theres a Piece taped on to the corner, the piece has a Pen Mark on it, But I could easily cut the piece only leaving the tape...

you think that would help any?

39 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

leaving only the tape?

right now theres a Piece taped on to the corner, the piece has a Pen Mark on it, But I could easily cut the piece only leaving the tape...

Without that taped corner, 3.0 tops from CGC.  Real similar grade with or without.  I'd just leave it alone.  Don't bother slabbing it either.  Not worth the expense.

2 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

leaving only the tape?

Leave the piece with tape alone. If you cut the piece off, I think CGC would see what you did and possibly consider it restoration. I concur with Mrlatko that this book is not worth submitting.  

2 hours ago, mrlatko said:

Without that taped corner, 3.0 tops from CGC.  Real similar grade with or without.  I'd just leave it alone.  Don't bother slabbing it either.  Not worth the expense.

thank you...

I'm not slabbing it, I dont have any of my comics slabbed...just trying to get knowledge on how to grade it...

I joined a site where you can make Lists with Pictures...and I'm making a list of my Keys with Pictures and I just didnt know how to grade it, I thought by cutting the piece off it could effect the grade so I wanted some advice(which I've gotten)

thanks

one more question though...

If nothing was done to the comic, If no one had tried to tape a piece on...

would it still be graded as a 3.0 with Just The Clipped corner?

Edited by billbrown7080

20 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

I joined a site where you can make Lists with Pictures...and I'm making a list of my Keys with Pictures and I just didnt know how to grade it,

Bill, I saw you listing your raw books on the site myslabbedcomics.com . Please keep in mind, this site is for SLABBED books. While it is perfectly reasonable to sneak in a few raws, your intent to list your collection of 1200 raw books is bombarding the site. It's a fun site to see other's slabbed books but lately all one can see is your influx. Please consider stopping. As a suggestion, perhaps you can take group shots of runs and list those, thereby cutting back on the quantity. (shrug)

2 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Bill, I saw you listing your raw books on the site myslabbedcomics.com . Please keep in mind, this site is for SLABBED books. While it is perfectly reasonable to sneak in a few raws, your intent to list your collection of 1200 raw books is bombarding the site. It's a fun site to see other's slabbed books but lately all one can see is your influx. Please consider stopping. As a suggestion, perhaps you can take group shots of runs and list those, thereby cutting back on the quantity. (shrug)

I put in my profile, that I'm aware this site is for Slabbed comics but I'm only making this as a personal list for me?

Is there a way I can Make a list to where it doesnt show up to others?

I'm not trying to make the list to show comics off to others, I've always wanted to have a list of my keys with Pictures...

theres got to be a way I can UNLIST my comics so others cant see them right? any advice??

is there a way you can block me so My comics dont show up and bother you?

or do you know of a similar site that is for RAW comics?

EDIT********************************************

figured it out...All I have to do is NOT check the "Active" box....and Then My comic wont show up to others...

I'm in the process now of going back and updating them and unchecking the "Active" box....

any future comics I add shouldnt show up anymore and All the other comics I added will soon be going away as I update them

sorry for bombarding the site...I didnt even  know I was doing it and I never even wanted to do it...

Edited by billbrown7080

17 minutes ago, billbrown7080 said:

I put in my profile, that I'm aware this site is for Slabbed comics but I'm only making this as a personal list for me?

Is there a way I can Make a list to where it doesnt show up to others?

I'm not trying to make the list to show comics off to others, I've always wanted to have a list of my keys with Pictures...

theres got to be a way I can UNLIST my comics so others cant see them right? any advice??

is there a way you can block me so My comics dont show up and bother you?

or do you know of a similar site that is for RAW comics?

EDIT********************************************

figured it out...All I have to do is NOT check the "Active" box....and Then My comic wont show up to others...

I'm in the process now of going back and updating them and unchecking the "Active" box....

any future comics I add shouldnt show up anymore and All the other comics I added will soon be going away as I update them

sorry for bombarding the site...I didnt even  know I was doing it and I never even wanted to do it...

That's a perfect solution for this situation. Thanks.