• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Set
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I did not see a topic for this yet, so sorry if it's been mentioned and I didn't see it.

If you're not familiar with Marvel's Slipcase Box Sets, they have released 1 every year since 2014. Here are the previous ones:

• 2014: Marvel's Famous Firsts
  • 2015: Marvel's Secret Wars
  • 2016: Marvel's Civil War
  • 2017: Star Wars
  • 2018: Marvel's Infinity Gauntlet

2019's will be "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest". Most of these slipcase sets have coincided with MCU/Disney events. This one will collect the best of the Avengers titles in advance of Avengers: Endgame. They collect the entirety of the comic books and issues that crossover into the event. Infinity Gauntlet contains said title, Infinity War, Infinity Crusade, Silver Surfer, etc etc etc. They're some of the best "instant collections" that you can buy IMO.

6 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

seems uneventful compared to the others https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Earths-Mightiest-Box-Slipcase/dp/1302916319

i have the secret wars one

I don't disagree, however, Endgame appears to be unrelated to any of Marvel's comic book events. In that case, collecting the 'greatest hits' of the Avengers makes sense, and I like it.

I have a really difficult time figuring out where to start reading some Avengers stories. I have the Famous Firsts book, which collects the first 10 issues of the title, and that's it. I actually just looked at Avengers TPBs (and HCs) yesterday at a store, for a half hour, and just left the store with nothing but confusion... Part of that is they had volumes 1 & 4 of one story, and 2 & 3 of another. I thought it was the same series until I realized that they aren't.

There are so many Avengers stories. I feel like this collection will be perfect for me. It'll garner some (likely very little) hype for Endgame, too, which is why these releases have been connected to MCU events.

I suppose I should have included the release date for this slipcase set: April 16th

8 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

You like it for $500? Even the artwork on the box is bad. 

I normally pre-order them for $300-325.

I think they've only printed 500 editions of each set, other than the Masterworks/Famous Firsts, which was printed another time or two. For a complete set of 11 books, I like it for that discounted pre-order price.

The artwork on the slipcase itself doesn't really matter to me. It's the books inside that matter.