• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Batman #234
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hope these pictures are enough to get an idea of what grade this book would be.

The line on the bottom of the back cover is just a foxing stain, it is completely flat.

Also the top of the book has a crease that goes threw the entire book. The crease does not tear the front, interior or back. I was wondering if this could be pressed out?

Thanks for taking a look :)

DsFm3wv.jpg

rdTGkID.jpg

DmIBI9K.jpg

This is a bit tough to grade.  Initially appears very nice.  The approx 1" crease through the entire book and the extensive staining/soiling (always harshly graded) on the back cover and light stains on the front cover near robin's cape and "two face" will likely knock this down quite a bit.  I'm guessing:

CGC 6.0, possibly 6.5 as is

Would definitely benefit from a clean and press.  If you can press out the entire book crease and that soiling cleans off then you're in the VF range

Edited by davet75

just wanted to add that I literally chuckled out loud at your GIF in your signature OP

also while the staining my be there on the back...I'd be happy to own a copy in the shape of yours...My copy is rough

Edited by billbrown7080

16 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

your right i was being to harsh because structurally the book looks solid so more like a 6.5 !!

You got me thinking, how harsh is cgc on foxing over staining that looks similar to foxing? I'm assuming stains are hammered more then light foxing right?