• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm Hooked

2 posts in this topic

I've collected GA along with everything else since forever, but the bulk of my collection has always been what's more readily available: silver, bronze, etc. I had a phase in the early 2000s where I was chasing some GA in my, then (overpaid bachelor with no kids) price range of $50-$500, amassed some slabs, a few interesting raws, etc...sold most of them when I bought my current home 13 years ago, and in the mid-90s I went through a Barks Ducks stage.

For the first time in a long time I felt a little less broke because I had a second job, and now I am selling on ebay again. And I have to say, other than some Sgt, Rock silver age books and a few select undergrounds, unless it has a 10 cent cover on it, I have barely been bidding. (OK, in that sense I am into SA because I did buy a Flash 109, Showcase 23, and a GL 2 (which the seller reneged on), but they all had 10 cent covers!) I do have a few BA keys I'd like to buy, but as I don't want to pay market price for them, I can make offers until I am blue in the face, I probably won't be buying.

So, my apologies if I have been bumping up auction prices. Admittedly, I have a $50 and under sweet spot (sure, I sometimes go over), so I am not hurting most of you much as things quickly get out of my range. 

I'll probably calm down once I have another big home expense or whatever.