• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #47 - Origin, 1948 - grade: 7.5 Blue, LT/OW pages

2 posts in this topic

Hi all! Rolling a lot of my collection out, many sold on c-link in December, have more that were delayed to both the auction starting today, and some in Feb. I'd held this back, but decided to let it go as well.  SO:

Higher-grade Golden Age Key up on the Bay.   **NO RESERVE**   It's been a while since one with this grade went, let's see what happens. Ends Jan 16th 10~ish PM ET.  Any questions, just ask. 

I call it the Longhorn copy due the "Longhorn ....." store stamp  on the back cover. It's quite nice, graded at 7.5 with Light Tan/Off-white pages. In my opinion it's the page quality and the stamp that brought this down to a 7.5. There's also a tiny color loss/dimple at the top right above the 'DC' symbol, right near the corner.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-47-DC-1948-CGC-7-5-LT-OW-Origin-of-BATMAN-the-Longhorn-copy/132913113560?hash=item1ef23d29d8:g:xjIAAOSwKqpcNYEa:rk:1:pf:0