• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JERRY WEIST.............BRINGING IT ON EBAY

92 posts in this topic

why does he list them in lots? flash 122 9.2 buried w/ two other books? i don't understand that.

Maybe it's a consigned lot and the seller insists on selling them all? confused.gif Though I agree it makes no sense. wink.gif

Nice auctions though; too bad it's San Diego month...

why does he list them in lots? flash 122 9.2 buried w/ two other books? i don't understand that.

Flash 122 in 9.2? 893whatthe.gif Anyone here have an opinion on his grading?

CGC 9.2 gossip.gif

CGC 9.2 gossip.gif

Whoops, I just took a quick look at the listings earlier today and just saw grades, without "CGC", so assumed they were raw. blush.gif

what's million year picnic? There's a comic store by that name here in Cambridge, MA, is that it?

That be the one. It used to have two stores downstairs at 99 Mt. Auburn. The one on the left was for new. The one on the right was all back issues. At one time an amazing stock of back issues and wall books.

Aaah ok.

I stopped by there a couple of weeks ago, kinda small, but ok, not that many good back issues available, but it was cool...

Completely different store since it moved out of 99 Mt. Auburn. When I went back to Boston a few years ago, I checked in and the current Million Year Picnic might as well be Newberry Comics. Pretty sure Weist is no longer involved with the store.

Wow, some amazing stuff in there, but the DCs have uniformly horrendous page quality.

And the Marvels, conversely, nearly all have white pages and bone white back covers. Either the books are from an exceptional single owner collection, or were accumulated by a very discriminating collector.

Wow, some amazing stuff in there, but the DCs have uniformly horrendous page quality.

And the Marvels, conversely, nearly all have white pages and bone white back covers. Either the books are from an exceptional single owner collection, or were accumulated by a very discriminating collector.

Yeah, I noticed that too. If only the situation were reversed! frustrated.gif

I'm guessing most of the DCs came from one collection, given the uniformity of the PQ.

me nade

confused.gif Ben, do you look at these boards on a 3G phone or something? poke2.gif

The PQ of that B&B 29 is pretty remarkable, isn't it, considering that everything else is uniformly C-OW. I'm still the high bidder! acclaim.gif