• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Dollar Digests

40 posts in this topic

Please, my elementary school teachers didn't even grade my work because I was working on math workbooks 3 grade levels higher than what they taught. makepoint.gifpoke2.gif

And English texts 3 grades lower. 27_laughing.gif

Yeah, so? confused-smiley-013.gifinsane.gif

No one I know who majored in English is going to be rolling in it ... ever.

Please, my elementary school teachers didn't even grade my work because I was working on math workbooks 3 grade levels higher than what they taught. makepoint.gifpoke2.gif

Excuse me? Now there is an ignorant statement if I ever heard one... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Excuse me? Now there is an ignorant statement if I ever heard one... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Look, English class was not my thing. Big f-ing deal. Sue me. I really don't care if you all think I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person or not. But don't come asking for help on any Thermodynamics or Physics homework, I won't give you any.

Look, English class was not my thing. Big f-ing deal. Sue me. I really don't care if you all think I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person or not. But don't come asking for help on any Thermodynamics or Physics homework, I won't give you any.

Hey, no problem. But no one is slamming your field of choice, and I certainly wouldn't like to hear anyone slamming mine. So it is a big deal. Grow up and deal with it - think a few minutes before you hit the send button. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But don't come asking for help on any Thermodynamics or Physics homework, I won't give you any.

But I could REALLY use your help getting my perpetual motion machine to work. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Haha, no such technology is achievable in Kansas. insane.gif

But don't come asking for help on any Thermodynamics or Physics homework, I won't give you any.

Don't worry...you all can come to me for any assistance in those fields...

Jim

I can honestly see why these message boards are so dead... the comments go from serious talk about comics to idiotic ramblings. I can see why some of the people on this thread's post counts are so high. It's because they make these stupid remarks that have nothing at all to do with the threads or they ue the smiley faces as responses.

Can we please stick to the subject matter and get back to talking comics?

The Marvel Dollar Digests are great ways to introduce kids to comics and hopefully bring in a new audience. They're cheap and easy to pack around and they don't take up much space. If made accessible through retail stores, I believe these comics could be a small part of the answer to the sales slump the comics industry has suffered due to the limitations of the direct market. Comics are for kids and we need to get them back into the hands of children so we'll have future generations of comic readers.

I can honestly see why these message boards are so dead... the comments go from serious talk about comics to idiotic ramblings. I can see why some of the people on this thread's post counts are so high. It's because they make these stupid remarks that have nothing at all to do with the threads or they ue the smiley faces as responses.

The Marvel Dollar Digests are great ways to introduce kids to comics and hopefully bring in a new audience. They're cheap and easy to pack around and they don't take up much space. If made accessible through retail stores, I believe these comics could be a small part of the answer to the sales slump the comics industry has suffered due to the limitations of the direct market. Comics are for kids and we need to get them back into the hands of children so we'll have future generations of comic readers.

Let me know when you are able to convince everyone to quit posting non-sense and graemlin-only posts. thumbsup2.gif

So I'll expect to hear from you in about 300 years.

screwy.gif

I had to laugh at the blatant idealism of your post. Not grounded in reality, but very idealistic. thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gifgrin.gifpoke2.gif

I majored in communications/journalism, and I'm not exactly hurting here.

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Says the guy who sells comics as a side business. 27_laughing.gif

And your point is? I'm pretty happy making $25K in yearly play money for doing something I'd be doing anyway.

What's really cool is being good at both English and Math. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I understand what your saying about getting these into the hands of kids at the affordable price. However your post gave the impression that you were excited to buy these for yourself, and that you would continue to buy them if published. I merely suggested that the Essentials are a far better product than the MDD.

Will kids buy into them, probably not. Besides I think kids have more access money than you think they do. After all, how much do you think the average video game costs?

Agreed. Kids these days are spoiled rotten and given free reign to act how they want to act. When I have kids, they're going to know what a leather belt is, just as I did when I was young.

Yeah...we can tell by your Avatar.... insane.gif

And your point is? I'm pretty happy making $25K in yearly play money for doing something I'd be doing anyway.

Yeah, sounds good. Just as I enjoy getting paid $40K per year to go to school. headbang.gif