• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When the Digital Copy Has Been Used

3 posts in this topic

Greetings Everyone!  I'm curious to everyone's opinion on what the use of the digital copy code in Marvel comic books does to the value, and CGC grading.  A friend of mine just gave me one of his comic books as he said he didn't need it as he already used the digital copy.  He barely lifted the flap in the book and it looks like it was never opened (only if I tried to lift it, did it show that it was once opened).

Does this affect grading or ungraded value at all?  I would assume it definitely would if he tore the tab out, but I've been curious about what others think about this.

Thanks all!

DJ

Welcome to the boards.

This thread should answer all of your questions; I've quoted the most relevant reply for convenience.

On 1/16/2015 at 9:05 AM, Bree said:

Hi,

If it is completely peeled off it will be noted in the label text as digital code label removed and it will not get a qualified label and will not affect grade. If it is still on or partial peeled back we won't say anything and it won't affect the grade