• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Appearance of The Ghostbusters?

28 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2023 at 2:44 PM, Dislexsicknik said:

This is an Old Thread but I recently made the Discovery that the First Official Appearance of Ghostbusters in Comic Books happened in 1985 3 Years before The Now and Marvel UK comics that CGC and Key Collector Acknowledge Ghostbusters (Yes the Movie Ghostbusters not FilmNation) actually Debut in British Comic the Eagle issues #187 to #191 

Here are the actual Details I believe Recently Keycollector updated The Now and Marvel issues to First Team Appearance.

Issue 187 from 19th of October 1985 – Is the First Appearance of the Ghostbusters as an Organization, First Appearance Ghostbusters HQ

Issue 188 From 26th of October 1985 – First Appearance of the Iconic Proton Pack In Comics  

Issue 189 From 2nd of November 1985 – First Appearance of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

Issue 190  From 9th of November 1985 – First Title Cover Appearance of The Ghostbusters

Issue 191 From 16th of November 1985 – First Appearance of The Temple of Zuul

I have attached Pictures of the Issues and some of the pages 

Fantastic find! :x  Rather unlikely there'd be an earlier appearance ~

On 4/4/2023 at 7:28 PM, Ryan. said:

lol Someone just went on MCS and wiped out all copies of Eagle 187.

Spoiler

home-alone-eyebrow-lift.gif

On 4/4/2023 at 11:52 AM, Parabellum said:

I’ve sent them emails as well in the past and have not gotten a response either.  But I did see that they made the recommended changes.

Does Key Collector give credit where the credit is due

Edited by MAR1979

On 4/5/2023 at 1:17 PM, MAR1979 said:

Does Key Collector give credit where the credit is due

As of yet no but I have Emailed them and they have ammended previous Ghostbusters listings to "1st Team Appearance" but as of yet they haven't added Eagle it's Weird they don't have any Eagle Keys listed but they have 2000ad on the system and Eagle was same publisher same era and just as many keys. Maybe they are in process of adding or more people need to email