• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Restored All Star 8! Grade posted!

18 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

Restoration was improved. Minor changes done.

Interesting, I have never experienced a restoration do over. Any chance you can expound on where there was opprotunity to improve. It's a beauty of a book. I see some creases and light surface wear and that stain on the back. Otherwise, the book looks tight, complete, with nice cover colors. Looks like 7.5 range to me. Without that stain on the back, maybe 8.0 . Is it your book or are you considering buying it ?

29 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

Areas of color touch removed or improved. Interior refolded to better line up. 

Areas of text on the back redone? The ink transfer looks great overall.

Is it me or is there a more than normal amount of paper missing from the front right cover that would be trimmed?

30 minutes ago, Phill the Governor said:

Areas of text on the back redone? The ink transfer looks great overall.

Is it me or is there a more than normal amount of paper missing from the front right cover that would be trimmed?

Wasn’t trimmed. The interior had some spine work done the first go around which made the interior stick out a little. No trimming. Yes on text areas on the back cover.

The book looks awesome. If I'm really critical though, I can look around and see soft creases, rumples and areas of dirt on both covers, which also makes me wonder what the inside covers look like. As per Phil's comment, I'm very far from an expert on restored books, but my gut says more like an Apparent 5.5 to 6.0 than VF range.

Tough to grade an extensively restored book, even in hand. It would depend on what exactly was restored/replaced, and how well it was done. You can tell something was done at the spine, but it looks professional. Over all the dirt, stains and creasing would probably keep it in the lower midgrade range.  

On 3/1/2019 at 10:41 PM, AnkurJ said:

Came back a 4.5 B5. Started off as a 4.0 B5 and additional work makes the book look SO nice. (Back cover stain was removed.)

Surprised it graded so low. Part of the learning game I suppose.

48C837FB-FF50-4F94-A53D-A22BEA758D71.jpeg

Interesting. What did the grader notes say?