• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I Remove Signed Pages ...?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I have a question that I would appreciate any, and all, of your collective thoughts on please and thank you:

We were lucky enough to have Todd McFarlane and his family stay at one of our homes over this past Christmas holiday.  While he was with us, he was kind enough to sign a wide variety of pieces of ours, including early Spawn issues, statues / toys, and a number of pages in his Amazing Spiderman Omnibus [w/ Michelenie] & Art of Todd McFarlane publications.  It's these books that I am considering removing the signed pages in order to display them framed.  There are at least 60 signed pages in each of these publications.

So, strictly considering the value of these publications as is, versus me having these books deconstructed professionally and framed for display, would you suggest:  good idea?  bad idea?  makes no difference idea?

cheers.

If it were me I would have hoped that a cover was signed for personal display, signed photo graph, or something labeling the special occasion. If not maybe pick the least monetary piece  and have it framed 

A credible mcfarlane Sig seems to add $10-30 to a book. I see his son selling signed books and those are getting an extra $80++ but they come with pics of him signing the book and more, so there is little doubt. So in terms of value you are not giving away a lot chopping these up unless there is a tragedy and he dies young.

9 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

He stayed at one of your homes over Christmas and signed 120+ things for you? Man, y'all really put him to work...

He forgot his wallet.  How else was he going to pay for his Christmas dinner?