• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedigree Submission
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I am planning on submitting an issue from the Edgar Church (Mile High) pedigree. I have a certificate that verifies that this issue is from the Church pedigree.

If I submit this book to CGC, I assume that I will need to include the certificate. However, I DO want the original certificate returned.

If I send this book into be graded with the certificate, will CGC return the certificate? If they won't return the certificate, would they accept a photocopy or a scan of the original certificate?

I'm sure someone will say, "Just ask CGC." I have e-mailed them already. However, I find that I often get answers faster from knowledgeable board members.

Anyone have experience with this type of pedigree submission? Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Joe Ankenbauer

7 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I am planning on submitting an issue from the Edgar Church (Mile High) pedigree. I have a certificate that verifies that this issue is from the Church pedigree.

If I submit this book to CGC, I assume that I will need to include the certificate. However, I DO want the original certificate returned.

If I send this book into be graded with the certificate, will CGC return the certificate? If they won't return the certificate, would they accept a photocopy or a scan of the original certificate?

I'm sure someone will say, "Just ask CGC." I have e-mailed them already. However, I find that I often get answers faster from knowledgeable board members.

Anyone have experience with this type of pedigree submission? Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Joe Ankenbauer

IN my experience, they usually send the certs back but not always, no entitlement. A photocopy should be fine. 

6 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Joe Ankenbauer

I got an e-mail back from CGC, and they sending a photocopy would be sufficient.

Thanks for your replies!

Joe