• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sending first comics to CGC for grading

5 posts in this topic

Hello all-

I am about to submit 2 comics and had some questions.  I couldn't find an email to ask CGC so i'll start here.  How do I add notes to my submissions? I wanted to be sure that the artist and writer are included on the label. The artist is not the cover artist but does some of the penciling for a few stories ( original guys who created the comic so I wanted their names on the label).

Next question- I bought an action comics #21 from Heritage Comics that was graded (by them) as a 2-2.5.  It does not have a back cover.  Does it automatically drop the grade to a 0.5?  I was reading up on this and was wondering if that's true.

thanks

kevin

On 1/30/2019 at 11:10 AM, kevin caprio said:

Hello all-

I am about to submit 2 comics and had some questions.  I couldn't find an email to ask CGC so i'll start here.  How do I add notes to my submissions? I wanted to be sure that the artist and writer are included on the label. The artist is not the cover artist but does some of the penciling for a few stories ( original guys who created the comic so I wanted their names on the label).

Next question- I bought an action comics #21 from Heritage Comics that was graded (by them) as a 2-2.5.  It does not have a back cover.  Does it automatically drop the grade to a 0.5?  I was reading up on this and was wondering if that's true.

The trouble with trying to add 'notes' to your submission, like a hand written page, is the graders probably won't see them. As suggested, I would call CGC to find out if they can accomodate. Fair warning, I don't think CGC adds customized information to the label. But it's worth a shot.

I would think that a book with the whole back cover missing would be graded 0.5. I can't believe Heritage graded it 2.5 ? Are you sure they didn't grade it a Qualified 2.5 ?  

if you google 'cgc email', you will be able to find an email address for cgc. if you're in China, you can use the 'bing' search engine too.

good luck

Edited by revat