• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cold Weather and Shipping
3 3

43 posts in this topic

I'm in Miami where it's routinely in the 70's 80's in January sometimes even hot. I've gotten plenty of slabs from northeast during winter with no issues at all.

On the other hand I've had packages I've shipped during winter that have gone through some interesting adventures in route to their destinations... including one that I sent to Indianapolis last week. Somehow it ended up in Detroit for awhile before getting to Indiana.

Currently waiting on a priority mail package from Kentucky that got diverted to Phoenix! Seriously? Phoenix?!...WTF :facepalm:?!?!

I know these carriers have a tough job and deserve credit for their work but the USPS is not exactly know for it's mind blowing efficiency! It'll be really great imo if the whole thing was fully privatized and fully out of the INEFFICIENCY DEATHTRAP known as the US government. It would make life easier for everyone I think

Edited by MGsimba77

I’m going to give this thread a :bump:.

In all of my years collecting slabs, I’ve had slabs in hot temperatures, cold temperatures, delivered during the winter and taken out in the warm indoors and I’ve never once seen any warping of the inner well or the outer case. I’ve never seen any condensation in a slab.

Granted, I don’t think I’ve ever had a slab on the front porch in below zero weather ever promptly taken indoors with the heat full blast either.

Has anyone ever had an actual experience (and better yet, photos) of a slab being effected by temperature changes: from cold to warm or vice versa?

We all know heat is bad, but is there a temperature that is too cold to store slabs in if it remains consistent?