• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: Avengers 4

25 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Congrats Gadzukes, like point Five I would have been at the 4.5 but in the words of CGC's own grading scale....

5.5  A slightly above-average collectible with a major defect and some smaller defects, or a significant accumulation of small defects. (thumbsu

That's good perspective. Too often we get caught up in 'well, x defect means it drops x number of grades' without considering the larger picture.

It's a quite nice book. With the fuzzy split 5.5 might seem too high to us at first take... but if you were in the market for a 5.5, this is exactly the kind you would want.

4 minutes ago, Point Five said:

That's good perspective. Too often we get caught up in 'well, x defect means it drops x number of grades' without considering the larger picture.

It's a quite nice book. With the fuzzy split 5.5 might seem too high to us at first take... but if you were in the market for a 5.5, this is exactly the kind you would want.

Eye appeal is what makes for sure. Like I mentioned that's a general description CGC gives for books up to F/VF, so interpreting that is where some problems may lie. This book definitely falls into the OK with me bag. (thumbsu

On 4/10/2019 at 8:46 AM, gadzukes said:

I did decide to press so that might have helped a little.

No doubt cleaned up on that surface soiling, hence a higher grade. 

Nice copy, congrat’s!