• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Book tilted in slab - recommendations?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Got a key delivered today that is sitting with the left edge tilted up noticeably.  I figure that is just something that occurred on its way here and it really stands out to the eye.  Is there a recommended method of recentering or even just straightening a crooked slabbed book?

Thank you for your time!

Thank you Mystafo, I was nervous to do this as I didn't want the cover to hold while insides shifted about as you mention.  After reading numerous agreements with this method on another recently discovered thread, I meekly attempted to tap the book into a more aesthetically pleasing position.  I finally found that appropriate amount of force to very gradually slide the book and I'm calling it a win.  If this were an older book or perhaps even just more expensive I don't think I would have gambled at all.

I wonder, for books that are crooked that have a wedge inside, could they be damaged or the wedge become poorly positioned if this method is attempted?